Whether on the Keto Diet or not, your family will love this Keto Green Bean Casserole! Substituted with fresh ingredients that make this an over-the-top casserole compared to those pre-made ingredients! This low carb side dish with it's creamy mushroom sauce, green beans, and topped with a parmesan almond crumble...will be the hit of all your holiday gatherings!
You can't have holiday food without Green Bean Casserole! This keto green bean casserole is a must have at any gathering, in my book! Now just in time for the holiday's, I have a healthier version of an all time classic! Made with fresh ingredients make this homemade recipe not even comparable to those pre-made ingredients! Yummy!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Prep your mushrooms: For this recipe, I like to chop the mushrooms finely in a food processor. You could also do this with a knife but I find that getting them finely chopped like this helps them cook quicker. I used baby Bella mushrooms because they have great mushroom flavor!
Now let's preheat your oven to 350F and spray a 9 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray. You could also use an oval baking pan.
Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and sauté until soft, this should take about 5-8 minutes.
Add in the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add in the heavy cream and chicken bouillon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large mixing bowl, season your cooked green beans with a little salt and pepper.
You can use steamed fresh green beans, canned green beans, or frozen green beans that you have cooked.
Pour the mushroom mixture over the top and stir to coat the green beans.
Pour into your prepared baking dish.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mix well. Layer this mixture on top of the green beans.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and be prepared for the best green bean casserole! So Yummy!
Love this keto friendly side dish? Check out my recipes for Keto Broccoli Casserole, Loaded Cauliflower Casserole or Cauliflower Stuffing with Chicken Thighs!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Green Bean Casserole Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Green Bean Casserole with Almond Parmesan Topping
For the topping:
- ½ Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
For the casserole:
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ Cup Diced onion
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, finely chopped (I use baby bella mushrooms)
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Cube Chicken bouillon
- 24 ounces Cooked green beans, See notes
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large sillet over medium. Add in the onion and saute until soft, this should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add in the heavy cream and chicken bouillon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, season your cooked green beans with a little salt and pepper. Pour the mushroom mixture over the top and stir to coat the green beans.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mix well. Layer this mixture on top of the green beans.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the green beans: You can use fresh green beans that you blanche. See instructions here. You can also use frozen green beans or canned.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
I absolutely love this. I’ve made it two times now and it always receives great reviews! Thank you!
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was the best green bean casserole I’ve ever made. The Bella mushrooms were so flavorful. I doubled the topping and it was just right. I’ll definitely make it again.
So happy to hear that!
Amazing. Only thing I did different was use parmesan romano powder, season with garlic salt and add cream cheese. Will be making this again! Usually never enjoy left overs but this has still been very tasty 🙂
I made this tonight and it’s pretty dang good. The only thing I’m not in love with is the topping but the casserole piece itself is so good, I can overlook that. This is a great recipe and I will totally make this for thanksgiving!!