Keto Broccoli Casserole is the familiar classic combination of broccoli and creamy cheese.. keto style! Now you can enjoy those dinners around the table this holiday season too with this crispy topping, cauliflower rice, healthier alternative side dish! A must-have casserole recipe this keto season!
Broccoli Casserole is the classic casserole we love at every dinner table...now with a keto twist!
Let's face it...at every holiday or gathering there is always that one favorite side dish!
Now with my Keto Broccoli Casserole recipe, you can have the same classic flavor! With a healthier alternative!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
First things first! Preheat your oven to 350F.
Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray or grease with butter.
Now combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Once you're finished with that..
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion with the butter until the onion is translucent (about 8 minutes)
Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Now you can add in the heavy cream and cream cheese.
Stir to melt the cream cheese.
When the cream cheese is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar.
Your result is this dreamy cheese sauce that you will want to put on everything!
Add in the steamed broccoli and cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl. I simply steamed mine in the microwave but you can use your favorite method!
Pour the cheese sauce on top and mix well.
Now that you're finished mixing that.. pour into the casserole dish.
Sprinkle the topping that was made earlier evenly over the top.
Bake your keto broccoli casserole in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Now you can indulge in this classic casserole with a keto touch! Yummy!
Like this keto friendly side dish? Check out my recipes for Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Cauliflower Stuffing with Chicken Thighs or Zucchini Casserole!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Broccoli Casserole Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Broccoli Casserole
- 6 Cups fresh broccoli cut into small pieces, steamed until fork tender
- 2 Cups Steamed Cauliflower Rice (I use frozen)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- ¾ Cup Diced onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Cream cheese
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
For the parmesan topping:
- ½ Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted butter
- ¼ Cup Shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion with the butter until the onion is translucent (about 8 minutes)
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add in heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Stir to melt the cream cheese.
- When the cream cheese is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Add in the steamed broccoli and cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the cheese sauce on top and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the parmesan topping evenly over the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- I steam my broccoli and cauliflower in the microwave but you can use your favorite method.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Tracy W says
The cheese sauce alone is great over any steamed vegetable.
Would using almond milk or fat free greek yogurt help cut some calories ?
The recipe sounds awesome but just too many calories for me
yes, that should work!
This was the best! Everyone loved it. I’m going to make it again this weekend. Once question, could I make ahead and bake tomorrow ? Or how would you reheat it tomorrow ?
Oh my lord. This was so delicious!!! I did add some shredded chicken thighs to add some protein and I tripled the recipe so I could meal prep. Wow!!!
Can you use frozen broccoli?
Tiffany M says
Just made this as directed and it was SO GOOD! I just made sure to strain/dry out the cauliflower rice and broccoli a bit after steaming to make sure it didn’t make the final product watery. This will definitely be a regular at our house! YUM
Robin Abernethy says
While I love cauliflower, I do not like the texture of cauliflower rice, so I made this with Miracle Noodle brand rice (shirataki noodles). I used two packs. It is soooo yummy! Thanks for a great recipe!
Same I don’t like the cauliflower rice
This was so good. Thank you for the recipe.