You can always have strawberry jam on hand when you learn how to make this sugar free version. 4 simple ingredients is all it takes! You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and you can make this as chunky or as smooth as you want.
CAN YOU EAT SUGAR FREE JAM ON KETO?
Yes, sugar free strawberry jam can be eaten on keto as long as you fit it in to your macros. Look for one that has the least amount of carbs as possible, or make your own.
This keto strawberry jam recipe only has 2 net carbs per 2 tablespoons.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN THE JAM?
For this recipe we use Xanthan gum to thicken. You only need 1 teaspoon to bring this to the right consistency. Some other methods of thickening sugar free jam is by using chia seeds. You want to avoid pectin because it has a lot of sugar.
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR CANNING?
Yes, you can preserve this jam by canning.
I will leave this up to the experts though and point you to the knowledgeable people at Ball. They will tell you step by step how to can this recipe. To make the canning process worth your while, you will probably want to make several batches.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY JAM
This keto jam recipe starts with pureeing whole strawberries. You can use fresh or frozen and you can choose to leave them a little chunky. Puree them in a food processor or blender.
The puree is then added to a small sauce pan with water, sugar free sweetener, lemon juice, and Xanthan gum for thickening. Whisk that all together until the Xanthan gum and sweetener dissolve.
Then we bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer until it is thick and jam like. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
We like to serve this delicious jam with our 90 second bread recipe and butter. At only 2 net carbs for 2 tablespoons, you can layer it on thick. Enjoy!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Keto Biscuits and Gravy
- Keto Breakfast Casserole with mushrooms, spinach and bacon
- Keto Oatmeal
- 4 Ingredient keto crepes
Keto Strawberry Jam - 2 Net Carbs
- 10 Ounces Whole Strawberries (about 9 large strawberries)
- ½ Cup water
- ⅓ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Food Processor
- Puree the strawberries in your food processor until they come out nice and smooth. Should be 1 ¼ cup after blended. (you can also leave them a little more chunky)
- In medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, add your pureed strawberries, water, sweetener, lemon juice and xanthan gum.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 more minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and set aside to thicken.
- Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then pour into jelly jars with lids.
- Should make 1 ⅓ cups of jam.
- This will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator
- IS THIS SUITABLE FOR CANNING?: Yes, you can preserve this jam by canning. I will leave this up to the experts though and point you to the knowledgeable people at Ball. They will tell you step by step how to can this recipe. To make the canning process worth your while, you will probably want to make several batches.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.