Super easy keto biscuits piled high with keto sausage gravy...makes a delicious and filling breakfast. The biscuits are filled with cheddar cheese and are really easy to make. The keto sausage gravy only requires 4 ingredients!
There is one thing my southern heart cannot give up, and that is biscuits and gravy. This delicious breakfast dish has been a staple in my life for as long as I can remember. My Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy uses a keto biscuit for maximum flavor and low carb sausage gravy, of course!
I love to have breakfast for dinner since I am not much of a morning breakfast person.
My low carb breakfast sandwich is another quick one that my family loves! I used pancakes as the bread for that one!
Or you might be in the mood for just pancakes. You should try my Keto Pancakes. They are scrumptious!
Back to your regularly scheduled keto biscuits and gravy.
You will love this low carb biscuit recipe because it is incredibly easy! All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together, scoop it out onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake them in the oven!
I scoop mine out with a large cookie scoop and then flattened them out with my fingers so they look like biscuits cut with a biscuit cutter. You could also use a spoon to drop them on the baking sheet.
These keto biscuits come out light and fluffy and so full of flavor. You might want to make a double batch! For the cheese in these keto biscuits, I used medium cheddar. You could use any kind of cheddar such as sharp, white cheddar, or even pepper jack cheese...that would be delicious!
Traditionally, sausage gravy is thickened by sprinkling flour over the sausage after it is cooked. This creates a roux and when the liquid is poured in and simmered, the gravy thickens.
One product that I have found amazingly versatile and should be in every low carb or keto pantry is Xanthan gum. This little package will last you forever because you only need to use very little. To thicken this keto gravy I only used ½ teaspoon. I bought the package that I have about a year ago and it doesn't expire until October of 2018!
So for the keto sausage gravy I first cooked my ground sausage in my skillet until it was cooked through. I love to use this little tool to break up the meat into smaller pieces as I cook it.
After the sausage was cooked, I added the chicken broth, heavy cream, and sprinkled the xanthan gum on top. I mixed it all up and then let it simmer until it was thick.
This is the prefect sausage to gravy ratio in my opinion. Look at how thick that little bit of xanthan gum gets the keto gravy!
To assemble the keto biscuits and gravy just cut the cheddar biscuit in half and fill it up with copious amounts of sausage gravy.
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits
- ¼ cup Melted butter
- 4 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Coconut flour (Click here to see the brand I like best on Amazon)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
Low Carb Sausage Gravy
- 1 pound Ground sausage
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat ove to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment, a silicone baking mat, or spray with cooking spray. Add all of the biscuit ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine. Scoop the batter using a 3 tbsp scoop or spoon out 3 tabelspoons worth of batter for each biscuit. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Makes 6 biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- While the biscuits are cooking, make the gravy. In a large skillet, brown and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat until it is cooked through. Add the chicken broth, cream, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and continue to simmer until the gravy is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- To serve, cut the biscuits in half and spoon gravy onto biscuits. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
NUTRITION PER SERVING