These super thick keto double chocolate chip cookies are so fudgy and delicious. I love to make a batch and store them in the freezer for whenever a chocolate craving hits.
If you are a chocolate lover (who isn't?), you are going to love these double chocolate cookies. They are low carb and keto friendly, gluten free, and insanely delicious!
Let me know you how I make these cookies perfect every time!
ONE BOWL KETO DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
All of my cookie recipes can be made in one bowl. I start by mixing the dry ingredients, then I add in the wet. It's as simple as that!
This batter is very thick which makes for nice and thick cookies.
After folding in the sugar free chocolate chips, we can use a cookie scoop to scoop them onto sheet trays.
This recipe uses 2 sheet trays because it makes 20 cookies.
I like to reserve some of the chocolate chips to press into the tops for prettier double chocolate chip cookies.
These bake for only 13 minutes and they come out perfect.
Let them cool completely on the sheet tray before serving or freezing.
HOW TO FREEZE THESE COOKIES
After the cookies cool, I stick the whole sheet tray into the freezer for 2 hours.
When they are completely frozen, I remove the from the sheet tray and store them in freezer bowls. Whenever I want a cookie, I pull one out and eat it frozen. They are so delicious!
IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE TO ALMOND FLOUR?
I am not a fan of coconut flour so I would not recommend that. I have heard that sunflower seed flour is a good replacement for almond flour. I have not tried it in this recipe, so I am not positive it will work.
I am very picky about my cookies and I think these keto chocolate cookies are pretty darn amazing! Here are some of my other cookie recipes that I think are pretty darn amazing: Keto Christmas cookies, Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies and Butter Cookie Energy Bites. If you are in the mood for just cookie dough, check out my recipe for Edible Cookie Dough!
Note: This recipe is revised from a previous brownie cookie recipe. That recipe used coconut flour and was very finicky. I switched to almond flour for this reason.
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links
- 3 Cups almond flour (see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 Cup sugar free granulated sweetener (see my favorite on Amazon)
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 20 grams Powdered Collagen (optional for chewy cookies)
- ¾ Cup Butter, Softened
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4.5 Ounces Sugar free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, collagen, and salt. Now add in the butter, vanilla, and beaten eggs and mix together with an electric mixer.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and combine with a rubber spatula (reserve some for the tops if you want pretty chocolate chip tops). The batter will be very thick.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 20 cookies onto the baking sheets. Flatten the tops with your fingers or a cup and press in any reserved chocolate chips. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.