From fat bombs, to mug cakes, to cheesecake and chocolate mousse...these 15 low carb and Keto Desserts are quick and delicious treats, require minimal ingredients, and are perfect for any occasion.
Keto Dessert Recipes
Sweets and treats are hard to come by in the low carb world, unless you make your own. Luckily we have low carb bloggers out there that do all of that baking science for us so we can have some yummy keto desserts! I have compiled this list of 15 Keto Desserts that are some of my personal favorite recipes. I hope you agree and you give them a try!
Almond flour for keto dessert recipes
One of the most used flours in keto dessert recipes is almond flour. This is essentially ground almonds and it is primarily what I use in my low carb and keto desserts.
Almond flour is expensive, but I can usually find it at wholesale stores for a better deal. If you do not have a wholesale store near you, you can find almond flour at almost any grocery store or it can be purchased on Amazon.
You can also make your own almond flour using my tutorial here: How to make almond flour
You will find there are different types of almond flour such as finely ground and blanched. I usually go for finely ground in my keto dessert recipes as it has the best texture. When someone tells me that they do not like almond flour keto desserts, I know it is probably because they are not using a finely ground almond flour. I recommend Blue Diamond Brand Almond flour for the best texture.
Even though almond flour is more expensive than coconut flour...it is much less temperamental and yields more consistent results, especially if it is weighed with a food scale as opposed to using measuring cups.
How can I replace almond flour in nut free keto baking?
I have been experimenting with my low carb desserts and I have discovered sunflower seed flour! This is essentially ground up sunflower seeds and it measures just like almond flour.
Any of the keto dessert recipes can use sunflower seed flour to replace the almond flour.
Coconut flour for low carb desserts
Coconut flour is probably the second most popular flour to use in keto dessert recipes as it is also nut free. It is coconut flesh that has been dehydrated and ground. It is actually the flesh that is leftover from making coconut milk.
I have a few recipes using coconut flour but it is temperamental because it is so absorbent.
It has it's advantages, though, as it is much less expensive than almond flour and you use much less.
Sugar free sweeteners for keto desserts
Swerve is a brand that is made with a combination of erythritol and stevia plus their own proprietary flavorings. It is a 1 for 1 substitute for sugar, unlike pure stevia. It makes very tasty keto baked goods and it is found at Walmart, Whole Foods, or Amazon. They make a granulated version, powdered, and brown sugar.
Lakanto is another version I really like (dare I say more than Swerve). It is made with Monk fruit and is also a 1 for 1 substitute for sugar and comes in granular, powdered, and brown sugar varieties.
I prefer the taste of the Lakanto as it has less of a cooling effect. I think it is the closest to sugar as you can get at the moment.
Keto friendly chocolate
There are so many options for keto chocolate now!
- Lily's Chocolate: This brand has chocolate bars, chocolate covered almonds (amazing), and all kinds of flavors of baking chips that can be mixed into cookies and cakes pr used as a topping.
- Bake Believe: This brand has a wide variety of baking chips and they are cheaper than Lily's if you buy them at Walmart.
- Choc Zero: This is a very popular brand of chocolate keto products.
Store bought keto dessert options
It is becoming more and more popular to find keto friendly desserts at the grocery store!
- Birch Benders, Lakanto, and Duncan Hines mixes: These cake, cookie, and brownie mixes are great when you need a low carb dessert in a pinch.
- Keto Ice Creams: There are multiple ice cream brands in grocery stores now that are keto friendly. My favorites are Half Top, Rebel Creamery, and Nick's Ice cream. They have ice cream bars and pints.
- Keto Cookies: The best store bought keto cookies I have found are made by High Key. They are really good! Let me know your favorite in the comments.
My favorite 15 keto and low carb dessert recipes
With all of that information, here are 10 recipes I have developed just for you!
In the recipe card below, I have my recipe for butter cookie fat bombs. They are the perfect easy keto dessert recipe to have on hand anytime you need a little something for your sweet tooth.
15 Easy Keto Desserts for Any Occassion
This post may contain affiliate links
Recipe for butter cookie fat bombs
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. The mixture should be wet enough to stick together. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time a roll into a ball. The balls should be 1 ¼ inch in diameter. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if desired. Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- Nut free keto desserts: Almond flour can be replaced with sunflower seed flour for a nut free option in any of these recipes.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.