Looking for the ultimate Keto Strawberry Cupcake recipe? This strawberry infused cupcake topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting is amazing! Skip the long lines at the bakery and whip up a batch of these delicious cupcakes in your own kitchen!
I have always been a huge fan of strawberry cake with strawberry icing and I remember my great grandma made the best one. These keto strawberry cupcakes are absolutely delicious as well!
Where do I find freeze dried strawberries?
I usually find freeze dried strawberries in 28 gram bags at the grocery store with the bulk nuts. Some grocery stores have them on the baking isle. They give so much strawberry flavor to the cupcakes!
How to make strawberry cupcakes keto friendly
The elements of a cupcake that make it not keto friendly are the flour and the sugar, of course. Instead of white flour, we use almond flour and instead of white sugar, we use a sugar free sweetener that is a 1 for 1 swap for sugar. Just the 2 swaps create a delicious cupcake that will not leave you feeling yucky.
Checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Keto Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Zucchini and Beef Skillet
- Keto Pizza Egg Bites
- Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Chocolate Granola
Checkout these other keto friendly Strawberry recipes:
- Keto Strawberry Quick Bread
- Strawberry Cheesecake Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Shortcake
I hope you enjoy this keto strawberry cupcake recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Keto Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting!
- 14 grams freeze dried strawberries
- 2 ½ cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¾ cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 Ounces Plain, fat free, Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 14 Grams freeze dried Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Freeze dried strawberries usually come in 28 gram bags. Go ahead and make the dust for the cupcakes and the frosting by pulsing the strawberries in a foot processor. Use half for the cupcakes and half for the frosting or 14 grams each.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, sweetener, baking soda, salt, and strawberry dust. Stir until fully combined.
- Now add you eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Once ingredients are combined equally, divide the batter into each one of your cupcake liners.
- Place into your already preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until pale in color. Add in the vanilla extract, powdered strawberries and ½ of the powdered sweetener and beat with the mixer on low speed until the sweetener is incorporared. Add the rest of the sweetener and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Use a piping bag to top your strawberry cupcakes with the frosting. Serve.