Taco night just got better with this super easy Keto walking taco casserole! Perfectly seasoned beef with zesty tomatoes with green chilis, gooey cheese and topped with keto chips and all the taco toppings! This dish is a complete meal that will have everyone coming for seconds!
Just in time for taco Tuesday, this keto walking taco casserole has all of the elements of a delicious and easy “Jennifer’s Keto” recipe. I love to make a batch of this for meal prepped lunches all week. I stay full for hours after this tasty lunch and never feel deprived!
What is a walking taco casserole?
You may be wondering what this casserole even is if you’ve never heard of a walking taco. A walking taco is usually assembled in a small bag of Fritos chips. On top of the chips is all of the taco essentials: beef, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, etc. Assembling in the bag makes it easy to walk around with it, hence the name “walking taco.”
Where do I find keto chips?
I am in love with these Hilo brand keto chips. I find them at Costco but they can be found online as well. They are perfectly seasoned and crunchy! If you cannot find the Hilo brand keto chips, you can make your own with low carb tortillas and then season them with taco seasoning.
Checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
- Keto Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Zucchini and Beef Skillet
- Keto Pizza Egg Bites
- Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Chocolate Granola
- Zucchini Spice Muffins
Checkout these other keto friendly Mexican Inspired recipes:
- Mexican Meatloaf stuffed with Cheese
- Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Keto Jalapeno Cornbread
I hope you enjoy this keto walking taco casserole recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Keto Walking Taco Casserole
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 1 can original rotel (tomatoes with green chilis), undrained
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Ounces Keto Nacho Cheese Chips( I used Hilo)
- 1 Cup shredded lettuce
- 8 Cherry tomatoes-halved
- 2 sliced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ Cup sour cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the taco seasoning. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat add your ground beef. Cook until ground beef is browned and crumbled. Drain any excess grease.
- Add your homemade taco seasoning and rotel, stir. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top and bake in already preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with nacho chips, lettuce, tomato and green onions. Serve with sour cream.