This Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole is full of flavor…One of my families go-to’s for weekday dinners with it’s 30 minute cook time! Chicken breast, peppers, and onions are seasoned with a homemade fajita seasoning then cream cheese brings it all together.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
MAKE YOUR OWN CHICKEN FAJITA SEASONING
I prefer to make my own fajita seasoning because it is easy and I always have the spices on hand. This recipe uses salt, cumin, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
CHEESY KETO CHICKEN FAJITAS
I love regular chicken fajitas but I think this cheesy version is out of this world. The addition of the cream cheese really makes this a more substantial meal. Plus, we put more shredded cheddar cheese on top!
The process of this chicken fajita casserole couldn’t be easier
- 1st we cook the peppers and onions
- then we cook the chicken with the seasonings
- mix it all together with the cream cheese
- melty cheese on top and done!
KETO SIDE DISHES FOR CHICKEN FAJITAS
This dish is rich on it’s own so I would choose something lighter like a side salad, Mexican cauliflower rice, or roasted broccoli.
Some other keto casseroles you will love:
- The Best Keto Lasagna
- Keto Meat Lovers Pizza Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
- Keto Tamale Pie
Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole - 6 Net Carbs!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 Pounds Sliced chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the vegetables until tender (should be about 8-10 minutes) then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet cook the chicken with the seasoning mixture on medium-high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Once your chicken is finished cooking, add all your vegetables back to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cream cheese until it is melted.
- Add the shredded cheese on top and put the lid on top of the skillet so the cheese can melt.