I love finding new and exciting ways to use my Air Fryer and this is my favorite trick yet. The bacon in the Air Fryer is finished in under 10 minutes (even with thick cut bacon), and no greasy mess all over the stove!
Like most people, I am a lover of bacon. I have tried different ways to make bacon over the years and I think I have found this Air Fryer Bacon to be my favorite!
Some uses for this bacon (besides just eating it straight up),:
- Instant Pot Beef Stew with Bacon and Mushrooms
- Keto Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon
- Stuffed Pork Chops with Bacon and Gouda
- Blistered Green Beans with Crispy Bacon
- Keto Meatballs with bacon Tomato Sauce
When cooking bacon in a skillet it splatters all over the stove. When cooking bacon in the oven, it splatters all over the oven. I have been covering it lately with parchment paper, but then it takes about 20-25 minutes to get crispy.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BACON
This Air Fryer bacon is such a cinch! I have an XXL Air Fryer and I can cook up to 7 pieces of thick cut bacon at a time.
Sometimes I cut them in half and lay them flat, and sometimes I lay the bacon on its side like files with about a .5 inch gap between them. Sorry I don’t have a picture of that but I will get on it asap!
For this Air Fryer bacon, I set the temperature to 350F, and the time to 9 minutes. This is with thick cut bacon, so if your bacon is thinner, start with 5 minutes. You can check on the bacon and add more time if you need to.
⭐ Did you make this Air Fryer Bacon recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Air Fryer Bacon
- 3-7 Pieces Bacon
- Lay the bacon in the Air fryer basket in a single layer
- Cook the bacon at 350F for 9 minutes (thick cut bacon) or shorter for thinner bacon. Check the bacon throughout the cooking time to make sure it isn't overcooking.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Sometimes I cut them in half and lay them flat, and sometimes I lay the bacon on its side like files with about a .5 inch gap between them. Sorry I don’t have a picture of that but I will get on it asap!
- After cooking and the air fryer is cool, take a damp cloth and wipe any grease that has splattered onto the inside of the air fryer...especially the burner at the top. This will keep the bacon from smoking next time.