Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I absolutely adore my recipe for crack chicken and this recipe is kind of a riff on it.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN
Our first task is to cut the boneless skinless chicken breast in half lengthwise. You do this with a sharp knife.
Simply place your palm on top of the chicken breast and slice down the center from the fat end to the thin end.
I use this method a lot with chicken breast so they cook much quicker…like in my Mozzarella Chicken recipe.
Now season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set them aside until we are ready to cook them.
Next up we need to cook our bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. When the bacon is crispy, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. Be sure to remove all but 2 tablespoons of the grease from the pan or your cheesy bacon sauce will be greasy.
Now it is time to cook our chicken! We simply cook the chicken breast in out skillet over medium high heat until the are cooked through. You want to be sure they have an internal temperature of 165F. I love my meat thermometer and use it daily!
When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside while we make the cream cheese sauce.
This cheesy bacon sauce is super rich and thick. It pairs perfectly with lean chicken breast.
We start out by reducing our skillet to medium heat and adding in the chicken broth. We use this to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Now add in all of your spices and let that cook for a couple of minutes.
Now we can add in the cream cheese and stir that until it is completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and bacon.
Add the chicken breast back to the skillet and this is ready to serve!
DID YOU MAKE THIS CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! @LOWCARBWITHJENNIFER
Cream Cheese Chicken with Bacon
- 2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 8 Slices Bacon Chopped
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 8 ounce Package Cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Using a sharp knife, slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and season each side with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and let drain on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the pan.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat add the chicken breast. Cook the breasts on each side until they are cooked through and an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add in the chicken broth. Use a spatula to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add in the seasonings and let cook for a few minutes. Now add in the cream cheese and sitr until completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and the bacon. Add the chicken breast back to the pan and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Be sure to remove all but 2 tablespoons of the grease from the pan or your cheesy bacon sauce will be greasy.