I have the perfect way to make your favorite, chicken legs! These Crispy Baked Chicken Legs are perfectly spiced with common pantry ingredients and cooked just right. Take a basic chicken leg and make it a family favorite! Perfect for those picky eaters or just a quick weekday recipe!
How do you keep chicken drumsticks from drying out in the oven?
Your chicken legs will dry out in the oven if they are over cooked so it is important to not leave them in the oven for too long. You don't want your chicken legs to go over 185F internal temperature. The good thing is that chicken dark meat has to be really over cooked to dry out.
What temperature should chicken legs be cooked?
The best temperature to cook chicken legs is 400F. This gives nice crispy skin and leaves the chicken dark meat nice and moist without drying out.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Shirred Eggs
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Keto Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Low Carb Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- Keto Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Keto Fudgy Chocolate Muffins
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Veggies
Checkout these Keto friendly chicken recipes:
- Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
I hope you enjoy this Crispy Baked Chicken Legs recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Crispy Baked Chicken Legs
- 12 Chicken Legs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- cookie sheet with wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the cookie sheet with foil and top with a wire rack. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken legs to large zip-lock bag or a container with a lid. Season the chicken with the seasonings, close the container, and shake to coat.
- Remove from the container and place your chicken legs on your wire rack and place into already preheated oven. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Makes 6 servings