Shirred Eggs is the perfect breakfast, brunch, or light meal for one! All you need is 4 basic ingredients for this delicious baked eggs recipe. Eggs, yummy prosciutto, parmesan cheese, and cream...how can that be bad?
Recipes for one are highly requested because most mornings, some of us aren't wanting to make breakfast for a crowd. It's also easy to make this shirred egg recipe for several, it really just depends on how many ramekins you have!
What are shirred eggs?
This is eggs baked in a flat dish, like a ramekin! There really isn't any other requirements for this simple breakfast dish. You can add whatever additions you want and you could also beat the eggs instead of leaving them whole.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Keto Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Low Carb Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- Keto Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Keto Fudgy Chocolate Muffins
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Veggies
- Keto Breakfast Strata
Checkout these Keto friendly breakfast recipes:
I hope you enjoy this Shirred Egg recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Shirred Eggs with Prosciutto and Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Slice Prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F and spray the inside of an 8 ounce ramekin with cooking spray. Pour the whipping cream into ramekin.
- Crack each egg into the ramekin. Nestle the prosciutto around the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Place ramekin into the oven and bake until the egg white is set. Should take about 12-15 minutes. For firm yolks bake for an additional 3 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes to set and serve. Enjoy!