You don't have to rule out a breakfast strata on keto, just use keto friendly bread! Filled with sausage, cheese, and mushrooms...this keto breakfast strata will be your new favorite breakfast meal prep.
A breakfast strata is traditionally a breakfast casserole with bread, eggs, and cheese. You could make your own bread for this recipe, you you could use a store bought keto bread for much less effort.
What can I use in place of keto bread?
I get it...you want to skip the keto bread. I know it's not for everyone! In this case, I would use more vegetables like zucchini, squash, mushrooms, broccoli, or cauliflower. This would make for a hearty breakfast strata great for breakfast or brunch!
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto Shrimp and Bacon Chowder
- Keto strawberry cookie bars
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- The Best Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Hot Fudge Sauce
- Keto Chicken Marsala
- Keto Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
Checkout these other Keto friendly breakfast recipes:
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Breakfast casserole with sausage and spinach
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- Breakfast Pizza
I hope you enjoy this Keto Breakfast Strata recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Keto Breakfast Strata with Sausage and Mushrooms
- 8 Ounces keto bread (I use Sola), cubed
- 12 Large eggs
- 2 Cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 Ounces ground breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Take a baking sheet and spread out the bread cubes. Place into the oven and bake for about 8 minutes, or until toasted. Set the bread aside to cool. Lower the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked sausage, both cheeses, and the toasted bread.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish, top with the sliced mushrooms, and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the center is completely set. Serves 8.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
JOY BURNHAM says
What if you use whip cream instead of half and half?
Then the calories per serving would about 150 more per serving and the carbs really wouldn't reduce much. It would work, though!