This super delicious roasted spaghetti squash Alfredo is all the things you love without all the carb. High in fiber and even higher with flavor! Add some chicken and make this a dinner the whole family will love!
Alfredo sauce is an Italian classic that is a staple in many American households. This creamy sauce filled with parmesan cheese is naturally keto friendly if you find one that uses simple ingredients and does not contain thickeners like flour. Pairing it with roasted spaghetti squash instead of pasta really amps up the flavor and reduces the carbs substantially.
How do I make spaghetti squash easier to cut?
I love to microwave spaghetti squash to make it easier to cut. I do this by poking a few holes in the squash, placing it on a microwave safe plate, and microwave on high for 5 minutes. This not only makes it easier to cut but it shortens the cooking time.
You can make this spaghetti squash a complete meal by adding roasted chicken or shrimp. You can also add extra veggies like spinach, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts!
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- The Best Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Hot Fudge Sauce
- Keto Chicken Marsala
- Keto Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
- Keto No Bake Cheesecake
Checkout these other Keto friendly spaghetti squash recipes:
- Baked Feta Tomato pasta
- Keto Chicken Soup with Spaghetti Squash
- Baked Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp
- Meat Lovers Spaghetti Squash Casserole
I hope you enjoy this Roasted Spaghetti Squash Alfredo recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- 1-2 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Using a fork or sharp knife, poke a few holes in the spaghetti squash and microwave in a microwave safe dish for 5 minutes. Let cool, so you can handle.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and brush each side with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Place face down on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or you can easily pierce the skin with a fork.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the heavy cream and seasoning over low heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the parmesan cheese and cook until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Once your spaghetti squash is done roasting, use a fork and begin to shred, making noodles. Add your homemade alfredo sauce to your spaghetti squash and place back into oven to roast for a 5 minutes more. Makes 4 servings
- Nutrition is calculated as 1 cup of spaghetti squash and ¼th the Alfredo sauce.
- Add roasted chicken, shrimp, broccoli or Brussels sprouts for a complete meal.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.