This skillet keto chicken marsala is super easy to make and loaded with flavor! The creamy marsala and mushroom sauce is restaurant quality in only 30 minutes! I love getting chicken marsala whenever I visit an Italian restaurant but the restaurant version usually has chicken dredged in flour and the sauce may be thickened with flour. I prefer my version that is flour free! Most people serve chicken marsala with potatoes, pasta, or rice. I prefer to serve mine with green beans or broccoli!
What I love most about this keto chicken marsala is that it is ready in about 30 minutes. This is accomplished because we are not using a breading and we are using chicken cutlets instead of full size chicken breasts.
A chicken cutlet is a chicken breast that has been cut in half lengthwise. This lets the chicken cook much more quickly.
Is marsala wine keto friendly?
Marsala wine is 7 carbs per ½ cup. with this recipe being 4 servings, that is only 1.75 carbs per serving.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
- Keto No Bake Cheesecake
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- Keto German Chocolate Cake
Checkout these other Keto friendly Italian recipes:
- Lasagna with no zucchini!
- Italian Stuffed Sausage Bake
- Italian Vegetable Stew
- Vodka Sauce with Chicken
- Chicken Milanese
I hope you enjoy this Keto Chicken Marsala recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Keto Chicken Marsala in 30 Minutes
This post may contain affiliate links
- Season both sides of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Then add your garlic and cooked for about 1 minute more. Last, add your mushrooms and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the wine and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.