Perfectly cooked chicken topped with a creamy vodka sauce...In less than 30 minutes you can make this amazing keto vodka sauce with chicken dish that everyone will fall in love with! Serve with zucchini noodles or your favorite keto pasta alternative to keep it low carb friendly!
You may be thinking that a traditional vodka sauce is a lot of work, but with my easy tricks, you can have dinner in under 30 minutes! Serve it with zucchini noodles for a keto friendly dinner!
What is a vodka sauce?
Vodka sauce is a tomato base and cream sauce that has been spiked with the liquor vodka. Not much vodka is added to the dish and in fact, most of the alcohol is cooked out during the cooking process. No worries, you will not get drunk from vodka sauce!
Can I skip the vodka?
Yes! If you do not want to add vodka, I would recommend just skipping it. If you want to add a broth, I would recommend a vegetable broth. I do not recommend adding a broth like chicken or beef broth because that would affect the flavor of the sauce.
How do you make a chicken cutlet?
A chicken cutlet is a boneless skinless chicken breast that has been sliced in half lengthwise. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board. Place your non-dominant hand firmly on top of the chicken breast and use the other hand to cut the chicken with a sharp knife. Start at the fattest end of the chicken and move the knife through the breast, trying to keep the cut as even as possible.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto coconut Curry Chicken
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- Keto Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Keto PB&J Muffins
- Keto Chicken Milanese
Checkout these other keto friendly Italian recipes:
- Air Fryer Italian Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Italian Vegetable Stew
- Keto Chicken Milanese
- Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
- Keto Alfredo Sauce with Chicken
I hope you enjoy this Keto Vodka Sauce with Chicken recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Keto Vodka Sauce with Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links
- Heat the avocado oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken on both sides with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add your chicken cutlets to the skillet and cook on each side until internal temperature is 165F, about 5-8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter and diced onions to the skillet and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vodka and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the marinara sauce and heavy cream. Cook for a few minutes or until the sauce is heated through.
- Serve the sauce with the chicken cutlets and zucchini noodles, if desired. Top with basil leaves for garnish. Makes 6 servings
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.