These Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats are packed with so much flavor! Beef combined with enchilada sauce, topped, with cheese, and baked until golden brown…these give all of the enchilada flavors with an extra dose of veggies!
Zucchini are in abundance June throughout late August and that is the perfect time to make these zucchini boats on repeat. This 4 ingredient recipes can be on the table in less than 40 minutes and it is also perfect for meal prep! You’ll want to enjoy these more than just taco Tuesday!
What size zucchini do I need?
We need to make sure our zucchini are a good size. You want a medium sized zucchini which is about 6 or 7 inches long and 2 inches thick. These are best for stuffing.
How do you cut a zucchini for a boat?
Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. You don’t have to cut off the ends if you do not want to. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Now you can stuff them with whatever your heart desires! See blow for the enchilada stuffed zucchini boats full recipe!
The process of making zucchini boats seems intimidating but I can assure you, it is super easy!
Yes! The skin is perfectly edible and quite tender! Especially after being baked with the yummy stuffing.
I would not recommend freezing zucchini boats. Zucchini becomes quite mushy during the freezing process as it breaks down the vegetable fibers.
I like to place 2 zucchini boats into an air tight container for meal prep, then when I am ready to eat, I heat them in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
What can I pair these with to make a complete meal?
These are very filling on their own so I would recommend a light vegetable as a side dish such as steamed green beans or broccoli. You could season the vegetables with taco seasoning for a kick! I also love to eat a side of chips…keto of course!
Checkout these most recent recipes the blog:
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- Keto Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Keto PB&J Muffins
- Keto Chicken Milanese
- Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Walking Taco Casserole
Checkout these other keto friendly dinner recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Just Like the Real Thing Keto Biscuits
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken Legs
- Cloud Bread that’s Not Eggy
- Pellet Smoker Ribs
I hope you enjoy this Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Keto Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium Zucchini (6 or 7 inches long, 2 inches thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 ½ Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- diced tomatoes and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a sheet pan with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on the sheet tray and season the insides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the ground beef in the skillet, breaking up and crumbling as the meat cooks. When the meat is cooked through, stir in the enchilada sauce. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spoon the beef mixture evenly into the zucchini boats. Top with the cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the zucchini is fork tender. 2 boats per serving
- Meal prep: Place 2 boats in an air tight, microwave safe container. When ready to eat, microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Vegetarian: These can be made vegetarian by replacing the beef with something such as beyond meat or plant based meat crumbles.
- Spice: If you would like a spicier enchilada zucchini boat, stir in ¼ to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper into the meat with the enchilada sauce.