Turn that simple fathead dough recipe into this amazing keto meat lovers calzone. Pizza night just got a lot easier, tastier, and healthier!
In my opinion, fathead dough is the far superior keto pizza crust. It gets crispy, holds its shape, and tastes amazing! It makes a great pizza and also an amazing keto calzone!
How to make a calzone using fathead dough
Make the dough in the microwave and press it out onto a baking sheet. Load your toppings on half of the dough, leaving an inch from the sides.
Fold over the dough to make your calzone and crimp shut with a fork. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400F. The keto calzone will be golden brown!
Checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Keto Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Zucchini and Beef Skillet
- Keto Pizza Egg Bites
- Keto Cheesecake Bars
Checkout these other keto friendly pizza recipes:
I hope you enjoy this Keto Meat Lovers Calzone recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
For the crust
- 1 ¾ cup shredded mozarella cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar free marinara sauce (plus more for serving)
- ½ cup shredded mozarella
- ⅓ pound cooked ground sausage
- 10 pepperonis
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large glass bowl, mix together the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning, and salt. Place the cream cheese on top. Microwave on high for 1 minute. If the shredded cheese is not completely melted, melt for 30 seconds more.
- Use a spoon to stir the mixture around and release the heat. When the dough is cool enough to handle, mix in the egg with your hands. Transfer the dough to the parchment paper and press into an oval shape that is about ½ inch thick. If the dough sticks to your hands, pour a little oil on your fingers.
- Spread the marinara sauce over half of the dough, leaving a 1 inch edge. Now add the sprinkle cheese, ground sausage, and pepperoni. Fold the other side of the dough on top of the toppings and seal around the edges with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a pizza cutter and serve with reserved marinara.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.