This Keto Coconut Chicken Curry is super easy to whip up and packed with all the curry flavor! Serve over cauliflower rice and enjoy a perfect weekday dinner!
Curry dishes are prevalent in so many international cuisines. This version is very Americanized but still has the familiar flavors we have come to love. While it pales in comparison to your local takeout (and I encourage you to patronize those places!) it’s nice to be able to make a similar recipe at home sometimes. I serve mine with cauliflower rice for a lot less carbs!
What is coconut curry made of?
Coconut curry is traditionally made with coconut milk and spices such as curry powder, ginger, coriander, and turmeric. Then the bulk ingredients can be onion, bell pepper, garbanzo beans or lentils (if not eating keto), chicken, or lamb.
What makes the tastiest coconut curry?
In my opinion it’s not what’s in the curry as much as how it is prepared. I like to bloom the spices after adding them to the pan. This is done by just cooking them after they are added to the pan to bring out as much flavor as possible.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- Keto Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Keto PB&J Muffins
- Keto Chicken Milanese
- Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
Checkout these other keto friendly curry recipes:
- Curry roasted chicken thighs
- Easy Indian Curry Chicken
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Thai Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk
I hope you enjoy this Keto Coconut Curry Chicken recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Coconut Chicken Curry
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken, cubed
- ½ cup Diced onion
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon Minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Cups chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat. Add in diced onion and bell pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes or softened. Next, add in your garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric and coriander, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add your cubed chicken and salt and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add in your chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sweetener and lime juice. Making sure to scrape the bottom of pot. Bring to boil and reduce down to simmer. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and enjoy!