I love Indian Curry and I love how easy it is to make...especially this Indian Curry Chicken recipe! We do not skimp on the seasonings for maximum flavor! This is a very mild curry but you can make it spicy if you like.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
One of the most popular foods on earth has to be Indian Curry Chicken. I can totally see why because it is easy to make, and it is so delicious! I like to serve mine with lots of cilantro and cauliflower rice. This is a mild Indian curry, but it is easy to add as much spice as you like with the addition of spicy red chili pepper.
Here are some other International recipes you will love: Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp, Easy Chicken Cacciatore Stew, DIY Ahi Poke Bowl, Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Curry Chicken Salad, and Instant Pot Carnitas.
HOW TO MAKE INDIAN CURRY CHICKEN
If you have never made Indian Curry Chicken before, the spices may seem intimidating! Instead of using a bunch of spices to make our own curry powder, I opt for the already made version from the spice section of the grocery store. This makes the recipe super easy!
In addition to the curry powder, this recipe calls for onion, chicken breast, coconut milk, ginger, and garlic.
We start off by cutting our onion into large chunks and frying them in oil until they are golden brown.
Add in the curry powder with the onions and sauté for about a minute. We want to cook the curry powder to bloom the spices for better flavor.
Next comes the chicken, coconut milk, ginger, and garlic.
The coconut milk will be very thick and you may need a spatula to get it out of the can. You can lighten this recipe by using lite coconut milk, but the curry will not be as thick.
Stir this occasionally until the chicken is cooked through...about 10 minutes. This recipe comes out to 9 weight watchers points if you use the full fat coconut milk and 9 Net Carbs. Not too shabby!
Serve with lots of cilantro and cauliflower rice.
⭐ Did you make this Easy Indian Curry Chicken Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Easy Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 Onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 ½ teaspoons Curry powder
- 1 15 ounce Can full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon Minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- Cilantro leaves and cauliflower rice for serving
- Heat the oil In a heavy bottom pot over medium high heat. Add in the onion pieces and fry until golden brown. Add in the curry and bloom the spices for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken pieces and season with salt. Add in the coconut milk, ginger and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro leaves and cauliflower rice.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- This is a mild Indian curry, but it is easy to add as much spice as you like with the addition of spicy red chili pepper.
- You can lighten this recipe by using lite coconut milk, but the curry will not be as thick.