These Keto mozzarella cheese stuffed chicken breast are filled with Italian flavors and wrapped with prosciutto. They are baked in the oven until perfect and I show you my trick for keeping the stuffing from melting out!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
These Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast were a big hit…especially with my husband! They are keto and low carb friendly, super easy to make, and delicious!
Stuffed chicken breast recipes can be kind of intimidating at first glance, but they shouldn’t be…especially this one! I would definitely serve this to company!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
The best way to get the stuffing in these chicken breast is to cut a deep pocket in the chicken breast. Then we can stuff them with as much stuff as will fit, keep the pocket facing up, and none of the stuffing runs out while baking.
The stuffing I used for these chicken breast is made up of shredded mozzarella, basil leaves, and Italian seasoning. That’s it!
After I cut a pocket in each piece of chicken, I placed 2 basil leaves inside. Then I stuffed in the mozzarella and Italian seasoning.
The final step is wrapping each cheese stuffed chicken breast with a piece of prosciutto.
I placed them all in a baking dish with some cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
I baked them in a 400F oven until an internal temperature thermometer read 165F.
After they were finished, I added a few tablespoons of butter to the balsamic vinegar and spooned some of the sauce on top of the cheese stuffed chicken breast. Delicious!
Keto Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 8 Large Basil Leaves
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Cut a wide and deep pocket in each chicken breast, being sure to not cut all of the way through the bottom. In a small bowl, mix together the mozzarella and Italian seasoning.
- Lay 2 basil leaves inside each chicken breast pocket, then stuff each one with 1/4th of the cheese mixture, leaving the pocket facing up. Lay a piece of prosciutto over top of each chicken breast and tuck the ends underneath. Place each one in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in the baking dish and place the tomatoes around the chicken. Bake, uncovered, in the pre-heated oven until an internal thermometer reads 165F.
- Remove from the oven and add the butter to the balsamic. Spoon the sauce on top of each chicken breast. Serve.