These keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the perfect low carb appetizer! I love to serve them with extra buffalo sauce and ranch.
The best crowd pleasing appetizers always involve meatballs, right? Meatballs are the ultimate comfort food! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are gluten free and keto because of the almond flour instead of breadcrumbs.
They aren’t just appetizers, though. I love making up a batch for a quick lunch or dinner.
These meatballs use ground chicken, but you could use ground turkey as well. I know sometimes I have a hard time finding ground chicken at smaller grocery stores.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
To get started, we mix the ingredients for the meatballs. This the ground chicken or turkey, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, buffalo sauce, and an egg. The best meatball mixing tool is your hands!
Now use your handy kitchen scoop to make even meatballs. You can make them as big or as small as you like. These are going to be baked in a 375F oven for 10 minutes.
While they are baking, mix up some melted butter and buffalo sauce to make the sauce for the meatballs. After the first bake, coat each meatball in the sauce and place back on the sheet tray. Bake them for 8 minutes more. Repeat this step 2 more times and finish with a final coating of buffalo sauce.
Serve with extra sauce, if desired, and ranch.
Into delicious meatball recipes? Check out these Keto Bacon Bourbon Meatballs from Better than Bread Keto!
⭐ Did you make this Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Buffalo Sauce
For the Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Melted butter
- 1 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the meatball ingredients. Portion the mix into meatballs 1-2 inches thick. I do 1 inch for appetizer and larger for dinner portions.
- Place the meatballs on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. While the meatballs are cooking, combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, and divide in half into 2 bowls. Reserve one bowl for extra dipping sauce.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and toss in the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for 8 more minutes. Repeat this step 2 more times.
- Serve with the extra sauce and ranch dressing.