These low carb and keto sausage balls use almond flour instead of the traditional baking mix. Still, they are a super easy keto appetizer with only 6 ingredients and 20 minutes to bake.
When it comes to holiday keto appetizers, these keto sausage balls are always on my buffet table and even people who don't eat keto love them! But the flavor is just the same, promise!
Sausage balls are one of my favorite keto appetizers. These Keto Sausage Balls use almond flour instead of the bisquick traditional recipes use, additionally they are so easy to make you will be baking them all year long as a snack.
I'm trying to build up my collection of keto appetizers on my blog. Some others you can find here are Keto Deviled Eggs, Ham Roll Ups, Garlic Parmesan Wings, Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, and Baked Brie!
They are all absolutely scrumptious and have very minimal carbs.
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this keto sausage balls recipe, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For a printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups almond flour
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons baking powder
How to make keto sausage balls
This section explains how to make this keto appetizer recipe, step by step. For a full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1 - These are probably my favorite keto appetizer...I love to make a batch up and keep them in my fridge as a quick lunch during the week. To start with these keto sausage balls...toss all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Then get your hands dirty and mix it altogether, equally. Easy peasy!
Step 2 - We use a small scoop to make sure all of the balls are an even size. I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and made 40 sausage balls. The perfect appetizer size!
Step 3 - Finally, place them all on a silicone lined baking sheet (you could also use parchment paper), and then bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
That's all there is to it!
I like to serve these keto sausage balls on a round platter with more dried parsley and paprika sprinkled on top. Additionally, you could even serve them with a dipping sauce or ranch dressing. Though I think it is not necessary due to the nature of the keto sausage ball being inherently greasy. Another option is honey mustard.
Can this keto appetizer be frozen?
These would freeze really well because they are like a meatball. Cool them completely after baking and place them in the freezer on the baking tray. Once frozen, place them in an airtight container that is freezer safe or a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Tips for the best low carb sausage balls
- Cover your rimmed baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper for easy cleanup. Because of the sausage, these can generally get significantly greasy.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop for easy and even portioning of the sausage balls.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese for a nice sharp bite, however, any cheddar will work.
More keto appetizer recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss a new recipe.
Keto Sausage Balls Recipe - Super Easy!
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 Pound Ground pork sausage
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 Cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Prepare a large baking sheet by covering with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Makes about 40 balls
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F
- Cover your rimmed baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop for easy and even portioning of the keto sausage balls.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese for a nice sharp bite.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.