I make these easy ham roll ups at least 3 times a week! I love to make them with Hillshire Farm Black Forest Ham, lettuce, tomato, mashed avocado and bacon!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Brands Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
What could be an easier or more delicious low carb lunch than Ham Roll Ups? I love to make these with Hillshire Farm® Black Forest Ham that I get from WalMart on the lunchmeat wall!
Speaking of Walmart, I am literally obsessed with using their Online Grocery Pickup. Have you tried it? If it is available at your local Walmart, you should absolutely give it a try! I have made it a weekly habit of mine.
The Online Grocery Pickup is so easy to use with their online app. I just select an available pickup time, add the items to my cart, then checkout! When it’s my time to pick up my groceries, I check-in with the app, drive to the pickup location, they put my groceries into my car, then I go home. OBSESSED!
Another thing I am obsessed with is the Ibotta app! You can find a coupon for this Hillshire Farm lunchmeat on the app right now… Click here for the coupon!
Okay, back to these amazing ham roll ups. They are so easy to make! The ingredients you will need are Hillshire Farm Black Forest Ham, mashed avocado, tomato, bacon, salt and pepper. I purchased everything I needed from Walmart!
To build these yummy ham roll ups, I placed 2 slices of Black Forest Ham on a work surface, followed by one or two pieces of butter lettuce.
Then I smeared on a good size spoonful of mashed avocado. I used already prepared mashed avocado that was already seasoned. You can find it in the produce section of Walmart.
After the avocado, I added some slices of tomato, and a piece of bacon that I cooked in the oven. I tore the bacon slice in half and layered it on the ham roll up so it wouldn’t be hanging out of the sides too much.
Last but not least is salt and pepper. Essential…even for ham roll ups!
Now we just roll it up from one end to the other. They stayed together without toothpicks…which I love. Repeat that process for 2 more ham roll ups. 3 ham roll ups is the perfect lunch size serving!
Next time I make these I am going to try the Hillshire Farm Honey Ham. That sounds amazing!
If you want to take these as a work lunch, they will hold up really well in a storage container in the fridge.
These ham roll ups would be a perfect picnic food…it is so easy to make enough of these for a potluck, too!
What I love the most about Hillshire Farm lunchmeat is that it is made without any artificial flavors, or preservatives, and no added nitrates or nitrites!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Ham Roll Ups
- 6 Slices Hillshire Farm Black Forest Ham
- 3-6 Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Ounces Mashed Avocado
- 1/2 Small Tomato, Sliced
- 3 Slices Cooked Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stack two slices of Black Forest Ham on a work surface.
- Lay one to two butter lettuce leaves on top.
- Smear a spoonful of avocado on top of the lettuce, followed by a tomato slice and a piece of bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roll from one end to the other to create a ham roll up.
- Repeat the process 2 more times to make 3 ham roll ups.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- You can use any Hillshire Farm lunchmeat variety that you like. The thin quality of the lunchmeat is what helps these not unroll. This would also be really good using the turkey or honey ham!
- I used already prepared mashed avocado that was seasoned with vinegar, jalapeno, onion, and garlic.
- I used my method for oven cooked bacon to get my bacon nice and crispy.
⭐ Did you make this Ham Roll Up recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer