These Easy Stuffed Mushrooms are a classic steakhouse appetizer, but they are usually prepared with dry breadcrumbs which are a low carb no no. My low carb stuffed mushrooms will not deplete your carb bank and will fill you with yummy veggies!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
So let’s get to this easy stuffed mushroom recipe, shall we? I was wanting something more filling than traditional stuffed mushrooms that just use breadcrumbs and cheese. These definitely fit the bill with the use of flavorful sausage, hearty kale, and yummy gouda.
I used frozen chopped kale in these easy stuffed mushrooms because I’m lazy like that and it doesn’t take as long to cook. Organic frozen vegetables are a busy moms best friend!
I love this recipe because it uses only 1 skillet to get the job done. I cooked my sausage in the skillet until it was done, then I added the kale and seasoning. After the kale was no longer crunchy, I added in the cheese! This easy stuffed mushroom recipe may have kale, but it has cheese!
I then removed all of the stuffing from the skillet and wiped it clean. Then I layered the mushrooms caps into the skillet and stuffed them with the kale and sausage stuffing!
Top with more cheese and put them into the oven. So easy!
These easy stuffed mushrooms are filled with the good stuff like sausage and gouda cheese! A perfect low carb appetizer!
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet (I used cast iron), saute sausage until cooked through
- Add chopped kale, nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute mixture until kale is cooked through, about 5 minutes
- Add Gouda and stir until cheese is melted
- Remove mixture from skillet into a medium bowl and wipe skillet
- Place mushroom caps in skillet and season with salt and pepper
- Spoon sausage and kale mixture into each mushroom cap
- Top each mushroom with shredded parmesan
- Place in 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until mushroom are tender
⭐ Did you make this Easy Stuffed Mushroom Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer