This Super Easy Cauliflower Hummus recipe is the perfect choice for a great low carb dip for those special occasions or an easy meal prep for on-the-go! Smooth, creamy and dangerously addicting makes this keto friendly alternative to hummus a must-have recipe!
If you have been in the Keto world long, you've learned that you can do anything with cauliflower!
Now, I've got the perfect keto friendly alternative to hummus.
What's even better, you can have this smooth and creamy dip in 20 minutes. Wow, right?!
A perfect keto snack recipe or
IS HUMMUS KETO FRIENDLY?
In a "strict keto" world, hummus is not keto. This isn't because it has a lot of carbs...it doesn't. Hummus generally isn't considered keto because it is made with chickpeas.
Original hummus made with chickpeas has 6 net carbs in ¼ cup. Not too terribly bad if you ask me!
My cauliflower hummus recipe is 4 net carbs in ¼ cup. Just slightly lower in carbs.
THE BEST WAY TO COOK CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS
For this keto hummus recipe, I provide 2 cooking methods. Both have their advantages.
you can roast the cauliflower which adds to the cooking time, of course.
Or you can steam the cauliflower. You can see instructions for both of these methods in the recipe card below.
The most important thing to note is that your cauliflower should be cooked until it is falling apart. You want really tender cauliflower.
HOW TO MAKE KETO HUMMUS
Once you have your cauliflower cooked, add it and the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and spices to a high speed blender or food processor.
I have made this recipe in a Vitamix and in a food processor. Both did a good job.
Process until the cauliflower hummus is smooth.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS CREAMY
First, you want to make sure your cauliflower is extra mushy. This is essential to creamy cauliflower hummus.
My next tip is to add a little water (about 2 tablespoons) to the hummus while it is processing.
Super easy? Right?! You're going to love this keto friendly alternative to hummus. It's super addicting!
The tahini really overcomes the cauliflower flavor...you will be surprised!
I have eaten this side by side with Trader Joes hummus and they are so similar!
Serve with your favorite low carb veggies to make this a over the top dip!
Some other keto friendly dips that you might like:
- Million Dollar Cream Cheese Dip- is filled with thick cut bacon, smoked gouda, cheddar cheese, green onions and so much more…
- 3 Ingredient Keto Spinach Dip- with a mild Rotel kick, creamy Monterey Jack Cheese packs this classic dip recipe full of flavor!
- The Best Pimento Cheese Recipe with Bacon- perfect low carb, quick and easy recipe is simply the best!
Did you make Super Easy Cauliflower Hummus Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Easy Keto Cauliflower Hummus - 4 Net Carbs!
- 3 Cups Cooked cauliflower florets
- ½ Cup Tahini
- ½ Cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder (or roasted garlic, see notes)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Water
- kosher salt to taste
- Food Processor
- See notes for cooking methods for the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and spices to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Process until the caulifower hummus is smooth. Add the water a little bit at a time for an even smoother hummus. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings such as an olive tapenade (my favorite) and eat with vegetable sticks.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS - This is the most time consuming method for cooking the cauliflower but it adds to the flavor.
- Chop your head of fresh cauliflower into florets. Place on a sheet pan and roast in a 425F oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower gets browned on the edges and is more than fork tender. You want the cauliflower to be really tender.
- ADDING GARLIC TO ROASTED CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS - for a delicious roasted garlic flavor, peel half of a head of garlic and remove the garlic cloves. wrap the cloves in foil and add to the tray with the cauliflower.
- STEAMED CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS (EASIEST METHOD) - This makes keto hummus in no time flat! I buy a bag of frozen cauliflower florets and steam them in the bag according to the package directions. Let the cauliflower cool before blending.
- FREEZING KETO HUMMUS - If you want to make a double or triple batch of this hummus, simply place a sheet of parchment paper on a large sheet tray and dollop ¼ cup size portions. leave enough room so they do not touch. Place in the freezer and flash freeze for 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut the parchment paper around the portions. Now you can stack them up in a freezer safe container and layer more parchment paper squares between each one. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- CAN YOU USE CAULIFLOWER RICE - I think cauliflower rice would work for this recipe, just make sure it is cooked until it is mushy.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.