This keto friendly pimento cheese with bacon recipe is an all time classic...whether you're having a cookout or just a snack at home. This perfect low carb, quick and easy recipe is simply the best!
I was raised in the south and that meant lots of Pimento Cheese sandwiches all summer long. My grandpa made the best pimento cheese with sharp cheddar, miracle whip, and diced pimentos. I am changing mine up a bit by using mayo and chopped bacon. Everything is better with bacon, right?
HOW TO MAKE PIMENTO CHEESE WITH BACON
Before you get started you need to cook and crumble your thick cut bacon. I have even used store bought bacon crumbles (don't judge). They were just as good and made this recipe even easier!
Now grate your sharp cheddar cheese into a large bowl.
Next you need to add your drained diced pimento's.
Now just add your mayonnaise and crumbled bacon.
Salt and Pepper to taste and mix well.
You can even add more mayonnaise to achieve desired texture.
and just like that.. the Best Pimento Cheese with Bacon Recipe! So easy!
Serve with chopped vegetables or pork rinds.
⭐ Did you make this quick and easy Pimento Cheese with Bacon Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Pimento Cheese with Bacon
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Diced pimentos, drained
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 5 slices Thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Grate your sharp cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Add your diced pimentos, mayonnaise and crumbled bacon. Mix well. Add more mayo to achieve the consistency you like.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sliced vegetables, as a sandwich spread, or with pork rinds!
- Grate your own cheese: I much prefer grating my own cheese for this recipe as pre-grated cheeses have a starch coating and it changes the texture of the pimento cheese.
- Sharp or mild cheddar: I prefer sharp cheddar cheese as that is how I was raised. Mild cheddar works just as well, though.
- Miracle Whip or Mayo: I was raised with Miracle Whip in my pimento cheese but that is not something that I keep in my house now. I much prefer Mayo now. Either works!
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.