It’s here, it’s amazing, and I cannot get enough. My new favorite easy lunch is this shrimp spring roll bowl with peanut lime dressing. You know how most peanuty, thai dressings have honey and sugar in them…well, this one doesn’t so it is perfectly low carb. I could seriously drink this dressing. It is that. good.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I’ve been eating this shrimp spring roll bowl all week and I seriously cannot get enough. I have a confession though, I hate peanut butter. It’s a crime, I know, but I have never been very fond of the stuff. Almond butter, on the other hand…give me all of it! Anyway, even though I hate peanut butter, I love this peanut lime dressing. Who would have thought?
One thing about this shrimp spring roll bowl that is so amazing, is that it is perfect for meal prep! I like to have all of my veggies in a bowl already chopped, shrimp in a separate bowl or baggie, and have the dressing in the jar ready to pour all over all of it. If you want to meal prep for work lunch, you can have the veggies all divided out into bowls with the shrimp in a baggie, and the dressing in these cute little portable dressing containers.
To prep your veggies, you are going to want to chop the napa cabbage thin, like the picture above. Napa cabbage has such amazing texture, yummy yummy. So, on to the carrots. You want to peel your carrot first, then cut it into matchsticks. This will give your shrimp spring roll bowl more yummy crunch and texture. The easiest part is the shrimp! Shrimp is so flavorful, plus the dressing is so flavorful, all you need to do is boil the shrimp until they are pink and firm. Easy peasy.
Shrimp Spring Roll Bowl with Peanut Lime Dressing
- 1 head of napa cabbage , cut thin
- 4 scallions , dark green parts removed, white and light green parts sliced thin
- 2 carrots , peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lb raw shrimp , peeled and deveined
For the dressing
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- ¼ tsp liquid stevia
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until all combined
- Boil a pot of water large enough for the shrimp and boil the shrimp until pink and firm. Remove shrimp from the boiling water and put in cold water to stop the cooking process and cool the shrimp.
- To assemble: add napa cabbage, carrots, shrimp, and green onions to a large bowl, pour dressing over top and garnish with cilantro.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT