Looking for the perfect meal prep? Keto Big Mac Salad takes the best thing from your favorite guilty pleasure and makes it guilt free! Super easy to assemble and perfect for meal prep to keep you on track throughout the week! Special Sauce now with a keto touch!
I am loving prepping all of the components for salads here lately. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I post my salads regularly. This is one I made for meal prep one week and I think it is my new favorite!
What really brings that Big Mac flavor in my opinion is the dressing and the steak seasoning on the beef.
How to prep this salad ahead for lunch throughout the week:
You can go about this in one of 3 ways.
- you could have your components ready to go and you could assemble your salad every day. This would involve having your meat prepped and ready to go, dressing prepped and ready to go, and tomatoes chopped and ready to go. All of the components would be in separate bowls in the fridge. Pull each component out everyday and assemble your salad.
- My favorite is to go ahead and have my lettuce (use a nice hearty lettuce like romaine for this method) in the bottom of a meal prep container, followed by the meat, cheese, and tomatoes. Have the dressing on the side in a small dressing container so it doesn’t get your salad soggy.
- If you are worried your tomatoes and beef are going to make you lettuce soggy, you could assemble everything in a wide mouth mason jar! Start with the tomatoes on the very bottom because they are the wettest. Next add the beef, cheese, and finally the lettuce on top. When it is time to eat your salad, dump it out into a bowl and top with your dressing.
And there you have it! Be sure you check out these other delicious keto recipes:
Keto Big Mac Salad
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- Montreal steak seasoning to taste
- 8 Cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Diced tomato
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Big Mac Dressing:
- 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup (sugar free for keto)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced or grated white onion
- 1 teaspoon Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Dill Pickle Relish
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Water (or more to thin)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and begin cook the ground beef until cooked through and crumbled. Season with montreal steak to taste. Alternatively, you can use salt and pepper but I really think the steak seasoning drives home the big mac taste.
- While your meat is cooking, in a medium size bowl begin combing your mayonnaise, ketchup, minced white onion, sweetener, dill relish. white vinegar and water. Stir until all ingredients are combined equally. Set aside.
- Once your ground beef is cooked through, you will need to drain any excess grease.
- Now begin building your salad, layering your shredded lettuce, ground beef, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and top it with your big mac dressing. Enjoy!