If you love cheeseburgers, you will also love this easy keto cheeseburger casserole recipe. This low carb casserole has all of the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger, but without the hamburger bun!
Easy Keto Cheeseburger Casserole in One Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links
- ½ pound Bacon, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound lean Ground beef, or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup White vinegar
- ¼ cup Dill Pickle Relish, or finely chopped dill pickles
- ¼ cup Minced white onion or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup Sugar-free ketchup
- large oven safe skillet If you do not have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the mixture to a prepared 9x13 casserole dish before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Note: see helpful photos below the recipe card.
- In a large oven safe skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- In the same skillet, add the ground beef and season with a little salt. Cook and crumble the lean beef until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the grease from the pan (tilt the pan to one side, absorb the liquid fat with paper towels held by tongs, then throw it away).
- Stir in the cooked bacon and the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place into already preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve.
- If you do not have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the mixture to a prepared 9x13 casserole dish before baking.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Using regular ketchup will add 5 grams of carbs per serving.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Helpful photos for this low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole
I really wanted to make this low carb cheeseburger casserole recipe a one skillet meal. I started by cooking the chopped bacon in the hot skillet, then I removed it from the pan leaving the grease. I cooked the lean ground beef in the bacon fat. I then removed the remaining fat and stirred the crispy bacon and seasoning into the ground beef mixture.
Tip: I always remove my skillet from the heat, tilt it to one side, absorb the liquid fat with paper towels held by tongs, then throw it away. So easy!
After the meats are cooked, I go ahead and add everything else to the skillet with the meat mixture and stir well. You could also transfer the cheeseburger casserole mixture to a prepared baking dish if you don't have an oven safe skillet.
This keto cheeseburger casserole recipe bakes in a 400F (200C) oven for 25-30 minutes. You can then top it with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or any other toppings you like on a cheeseburger!
I think this delicious meal is plenty on it's own, but you may want to add more vegetables on the side (always a great idea). In that case, you can serve it with a nice green salad, cauliflower rice, or steamed spaghetti squash.
This keto recipe is definitely good for the entire family. It uses simple ingredients my picky eaters will actually eat. Not to mention it is great comfort food for the winter months!