These Instant Pot Carnitas are easy to make when you use your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker! Juicy pork with crispy edges stuffed in a low carb tortilla…does life get any better? I don’t think so.
Instant Pot Carnitas is amazingly juicy braised pork that has been shredded with delicious spices. Serve as filing for tacos, burritos, or as a taco salad!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CARNITAS
I went on a whim the other day and made these instant pot carnitas. We love juicy pork any day of the week, especially with lots of lime juice squeezed on top. I’m not sure how carnitas are supposed to be made traditionally, but this is what I use to make them. Pork shoulder (obviously), a grapefruit, garlic, onion, bay leaf, spices, and salt.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I love the instant pot because we just throw all of the ingredients into the pot, set the lid to sealing, set the cook time and we are good to go!
The Instant pot carnitas come out super juicy!
We then put them onto a sheet pan and break them up with some tongs. They should just fall apart because they are so tender.
Now we just broil them until there are brown and crispy on top.
When these are pulled out of the instant pot they are so juicy, but to make them amazing, you have to crisp them up under the broiler for a few minutes. Its a small step that cannot be skipped. Then you must squeeze fresh lime juice all over them.
So have I mentioned that I love my Instant Pot? It is currently my most used kitchen appliance, behind my microwave. If you don’t own an Instant Pot yet, you can still make pork carnitas! You can use a slow cooker to make them, or you can use a dutch oven to make them. They will just take a bit longer.
USES FOR PRESSURE COOKER CARNITAS
My dilemma is always what to do with all of this leftover juicy pork. You can only make tacos on Tuesday, right?! Well, I have come up with some low carb ideas over the years that don’t include lettuce cups. Go ahead and thank me now.
- Instant Pot carnitas on top of cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- You can get a little more fancy and have instant pot carnitas mixed with cheese and stuffed into zucchini boats
- Carnitas, avocado, a runny egg, YUM!
- Cloud bread, mashed avocado, carnitas, cotija cheese, cilantro and lime juice
- Pork nachos with carnitas!
- Just carnitas…boom. These are so good, they need no accompaniments.
WATCH ME MAKE PRESSURE COOKER CARNITAS
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Instant Pot Carnitas
- Add all of the ingredients, except lime juice and cilantro, to the liner of the instant pot. Mix well.
- Place the lid, make sure it is set to sealing. Cook high pressure for 35 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Do a quick release to let out the rest of the pressure.
- After the pressure releases, remove the lid and use a slotted spoon to remove the meat from the liquid and onto a baking sheet.
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Using 2 forks or tongs, shred the meat and remove any large chunks of fat. Place the meat under the broiler and let the meat get brown and crispy 5-8 minutes. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- Serve with lime juice and chopped cilantro