These Keto Nachos are layered with juicy pork carnitas, nacho cheese sauce, cilantro, and crunchy radish coins. These are my new favorite thing to make with leftover carnitas!
To make these keto nachos, I used the leftover Instant Pot carnitas that I made last week. Using those carnitas really made this recipe come together in a snap! If you don’t have leftover pork carnitas laying around in the fridge, you could definitely use shredded chicken, ground beef, or any meat you like!
To liven up the carnitas, I crisped them up in a cast iron skillet with a little avocado oil. Those brown bits on the meat give so much flavor!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
To assemble these keto nachos, I poured a bag of pork rinds into a large pan. I actually used a pizza pan for this! Then I put the carnitas on top. I made a really easy cheese sauce using cream cheese, heavy cream, and mild cheddar cheese.
The other toppings for these keto nachos can be anything you like for nachos! I used cilantro and radish, but I would love to use tomato, olives, and guacamole next time. That sounds amazing!
HOW TO MAKE PORK RIND NACHOS VIDEO:
Pork Rind Nachos with Carnitas
- 3 oz Bag Pork Rinds
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil, or your favorite cooking fat
- 2 cups Leftover Pork Carnitas
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese grated
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- Sliced radish and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat Avocado oil In a cast iron skillet over medium high. Add carnitas and fry until the carnitas start to become brown and crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium, melt the cream cheese with the heavy cream. Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the bag of pork rinds in a baking sheet, pizza pan, or serving platter. Evenly distribute the carnitas on the pork rinds. Pour the cheese sauce over the pork rinds and carnitas. Garnish with radish coins and chopped cilantro or any nacho toppings you like!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Nachos recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer