These easy low carb and keto nachos using pork rinds are my favorite thing to make with leftover pork carnitas ground beef, chicken, or pulled pork. Top them with lots of nacho cheese sauce and BBQ sauce to make them extra delicious!
HOW TO MAKE KETO NACHOS WITH PORK RINDS
These Keto Nachos are layered with juicy pork carnitas, nacho cheese sauce, cilantro, and crunchy radish coins. These are my new favorite thing to make with leftover carnitas!
To make these keto nachos, I used the leftover Instant Pot carnitas that I made last week. Using those carnitas really made this recipe come together in a snap! If you don't have leftover pork carnitas laying around in the fridge, you could definitely use shredded chicken, ground beef, pulled pork, or any meat you like.
To liven up the carnitas, I crisped them up in a cast iron skillet with a little avocado oil. Those brown bits on the meat give so much flavor!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
To assemble these keto nachos, I poured a bag of pork rinds into a large pan. I actually used a pizza pan for this! Then I put the carnitas on top. I made a really easy cheese sauce using cream cheese, heavy cream, and mild cheddar cheese.
The other toppings for these keto nachos can be anything you like for nachos! I used cilantro and radish, but I would love to use tomato, olives, and guacamole next time. That sounds amazing!
HOW TO MAKE PORK RIND NACHOS VIDEO:
⭐ Did you make this Keto Nachos using Pork rinds recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Nachos using Pork Rinds!
- 3 oz Bag Pork Rinds
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 cups Leftover Pork Carnitas, pulled pork, chicken, or ground beef
For the Cheese Sauce
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Heat Avocado oil In a cast iron skillet over medium high. Add carnitas, pulled pork, shredded chicken, or ground beef and fry until they start to become brown and crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the cream cheese with the heavy cream. Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the bag of pork rinds onto a baking sheet, pizza pan, or serving platter. Evenly distribute the meat on the pork rinds. Pour the cheese sauce over top, followed by the BBQ sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro or any nacho toppings you like!
- If the cheese sauce seems too thick, return the pan to medium-low heat and add a couple of tablespoons of milk. Whisk to combine.
- You could add any garnish you like to these keto nachos to make them your own. Avocado, jalapeno, tomatoes, etc.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Going to try it this week. Looks yummy!
The recipe says to put the meat , then cheese sauce, then bbq sauce. I see how to do the meat and make the cheese sauce. But what is the bbq sauce. I don't see anywhere in the recipe how to make the bbq sauce
Great recipe! The cheese sauce is amazing! My husband (non-keto) loved it too! Thanks so much!
Great recipe to use leftover pork tenderloin. I chopped the bacon-wrapped tenderloin, made the cheese sauce, and heated the BBQ sauce in the microwave so everything would be hot. A winner! Thanks for sharing!
Necia Alder says
Love the nut bars you are the greatest
June Thomas says
Hey Jenny, Where do you buy Carnitas? And can you buy pork rind or do you need to cook apork roast?
Carnitas are made from a pork roast. Here is a recipe: https://jenniferbanz.com/pork-carnitas You can buy the pork rinds in the store. Hope that helps!
ELLA SEMRA ALTUNISIK says
I love this recipe. Thank you for sharing. Semra Altunisik