These pork chops are generously stuffed with crispy bacon and smoked gouda. An easy keto pork chops recipe!
I recently polled my Instagram followers on whether they would like to see easy low carb dinner recipes in January or easy desserts. The vote was overwhelmingly in favor of easy dinner recipes, so that’s what I am doing for all of January! Starting with these Stuffed Pork Chops with Bacon and Gouda. I’m so excited!
I have 10 new recipes coming this month and they are all so delicious!
I love making and sharing easy low carb recipes. That’s why I have a whole section on my site for Low Carb 30 Minute Meals. These include Garlic Butter Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice, Low Carb Pizza Crust, and Egg Roll in a Bowl!
Lets get going with these easy stuffed pork chops.
I found these amazing thick cut pork chops at Sam’s club. They are about 2 inches thick! I liked this thickness because I can stand them up with the stuffing on top and it doesn’t just melt out while they are baking.
If you can’t find pork chops this thick, you could also lie the chops flat on their side and pile the stuffing on top, making these baked pork chops even easier!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I used a paring knife to cut a wide slit in each pork chop. I made the slit as wide and deep as possible without cutting completely through. I then seasoned them with salt and pepper. I only seasoned the outside, because the inside is going to be stuffed with salty bacon goodness.
While my pork sat with the seasoning, I cooked my diced bacon until they were crisp and then I drained it on paper towels. I used 4 slices of thick cut bacon. Why use anything else?
I also diced my smoked gouda. Isn’t this stuffed pork chop recipe incredibly easy?
I then crammed as much bacon and smoked gouda as I could into each crevice.
I used a 5 quart saucier to bake my pork chops but you could use any oven safe pan.
I baked my stuffed pork chops until an internal kitchen thermometer read 145F. This will vary for every cut of pork chop! It really is the only way to cook meat perfectly at home, in my opinion. A kitchen thermometer is cheap and it takes all of the guess work out of cooking meat.
Stuffed Pork Chops with Bacon and Gouda
- 4 2 inch thick Boneless pork chops See notes
- 4 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 4 ounces Smoked gouda diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut a wide slit into the side of each pork chop. Cut the slit as wide and peel as you can without cutting through. Season the outsides with salt and pepper.
- Cook the diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Roughly mix the cooled bacon with the gouda and stuff into the pork chops. Place the pork chops stuffing side up on an oven safe pan and place an oven safe internal kitchen thermometer probe into the thickest park of the pork chops.
- Bake until the thermometer reads 145F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
⭐ Did you make this Stuffed Pork Chop recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer