Low Carb Florentine Pizza – Gluten Free
Whoa, like whoa! I have got something super delicious on the blog for you today! Creamy sauce, spicy red pepper flakes, salty parmesan, (insert yummy descriptive word for wilted spinach)…all slathered on a low carb pizza crust made from cheese. Yes, you read that right! And this low carb Florentine pizza doesn’t have to be eaten with a fork!
This. pizza. is. amazing.
I’m just going to throw it out there that I hate all things involving flour…and yeast…and waiting. It might be because I’m a clean freak and flour is messy and I am extremely impatient. Then you’ve got all of the measuring cups and spoons, and just…ugh. And don’t get me started on flour not having re-sealable tops. Seriously! That is just a hug mess waiting to happen!
I’m not going to lie and say the almond flour in this low carb Florentine pizza isn’t messy, because it can definitely be messy! Just not as messy as wheat flour. And definitely not as time consuming as traditional homemade pizza crust. I vote we have a movement to get this pizza crust as the new and improved traditional pizza crust. LOW CARBERS UNITE!
Y’all, this pizza crust is so good. Like, you don’t even know how good it is. It’s made of cheese for crying out loud!
But I cannot take credit for it, unfortunately. I adapted this low carb pizza crust recipe from Ditch the Carbs recipe Fathead Pizza. You can read all about it in that post. But make sure you come back to me…k thanks.
This low carb Florentine pizza would be amazing with chicken…but guess what? I was too lazy to add chicken to mine. I was hungry guys! Please don’t judge. So I’m just going to sit over here and act like I’m a vegetarian for the next half hour while I eat my pizza.
- 1 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup alfredo sauce , your favorite store bought(I can't re-invent this deliciousness)
- 4 oz frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 400F
- thaw spinach in a microwave safe bowl, then squeeze the liquid out in a dish towel.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and almond flour in a microwave safe bowl, add cream cheese
- Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. If the mixture is not melted and easy to combine, microwave for 30 seconds more.
- add egg, italian seasoning, and salt. Mix well
- Place mixture on parchment paper and press flat into a 10 inch circle. You could also roll it out between two pieces of parchment, but I didn't think it was necessary.
- Place directly on the oven rack and bake for 8-10 minutes or light brown, poke any bubbles that develop with a fork
- remove the crust and add your toppings, first alfredo sauce, then spinach, parmesan, and finally, sprinkle with red pepper flake
- Put pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes
- Slice and serve!
My kids are not spinach fans so I make them a separate pizza with just the Alfredo sauce on top.
Crust recipe adapted from Ditch the Carbs