Made with almond flour cream cheese and mozzarella to make fat head dough! This will hold all of your toppings and is so much easier than traditional pizza crust!
Whoa, like whoa! I have got something super delicious on the blog for you today! Creamy sauce, spicy red pepper flakes, salty parmesan, (insert yummy descriptive word for wilted spinach)…all slathered on a Low Carb Pizza Crust made from cheese. Yes, you read that right! And this low carb Florentine pizza doesn’t have to be eaten with a fork!
This. pizza. crust. is. amazing.
And as you can see, I made my low carb pizza crust into Florentine pizza, but you can add whatever toppings you like! Meat lovers, pepperoni, supreme pizza, Hawaiian (my hubby’s favorite), etc.
This low carb pizza dough is so easy…so much easier than traditional pizza dough!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I’m just going to throw it out there that I hate all things involving flour…and yeast…and waiting. It might be because I’m a clean freak and flour is messy and I am extremely impatient. Then you’ve got all of the measuring cups and spoons, and just…ugh. And don’t get me started on flour not having re-sealable tops. Seriously! That is just a hug mess waiting to happen!
I’m not going to lie and say the almond flour in this low carb pizza crust isn’t messy, because it can definitely be messy! Just not as messy as wheat flour. And definitely not as time consuming as traditional homemade pizza crust. I vote we have a movement to get this pizza crust as the new and improved traditional pizza crust. LOW CARBERS UNITE!
Y’all, this low carb pizza crust is so good. Like, you don’t even know how good it is. It’s made of cheese for crying out loud!
I also give a nut free version in this post: Fathead Pizza.
I used this yummy low carb pizza dough to make a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza! It was amazing!
I also like to make Chicken Crust Pizza, Yummy!
Low Carb Pizza Crust
- 1 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup alfredo sauce , your favorite store bought(I can't re-invent this deliciousness)
- 4 oz frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 400F
- thaw spinach in a microwave safe bowl, then squeeze the liquid out in a dish towel.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and almond flour in a microwave safe bowl, add cream cheese
- Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. If the mixture is not melted and easy to combine, microwave for 30 seconds more.
- add egg, italian seasoning, and salt. Mix well
- Place mixture on parchment paper and press flat into a 10 inch circle. You could also roll it out between two pieces of parchment, but I didn't think it was necessary.
- Place directly on the oven rack and bake for 8-10 minutes or light brown, poke any bubbles that develop with a fork
- remove the crust and add your toppings, first alfredo sauce, then spinach, parmesan, and finally, sprinkle with red pepper flake
- Put pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes
- Slice and serve!
- For half of pizza (just crust): 439 calories / 34g fat / 5.2g carbs / 1.1g fiber / 28g protein
⭐ Did you make this Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer