Apparently salad on pizza is a thing. I first saw this when we lived in Germany and they liked to top their pizzas with arugula (delicious, by the way). Then last weekend I was following my Saturday morning tradition of watching the Pioneer Woman, and she made a pizza with herbed chicken caesar salad on top. Genius!
I thought that sounded amazing and my husband loves caesar salad, so off I went to the kitchen. I used fathead pizza crust which is super easy to make!
I’ve used this fathead pizza crust before to make my Low Carb Florentine Pizza. It is yummy!
I also like to make Chicken Crust Pizza!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
HOW TO MAKE FATHEAD PIZZA CRUST
To make the crust, add your mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again. I use my hands at this point and work the dough until it is not too hot to handle, then I add the egg and mix that in.
The dough should not be too sticky. I lay out a piece of parchment paper and I press the fathead pizza dough into an oblong shape. You could do round, but I wanted to do oblong for this chicken caesar salad pizza.
Place the parchment with the fathead pizza crust in a 400F oven and let it cook for 10 minutes. I then removed it from the oven and spread olive oil and grated parmesan all over it. Then I put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
While the crust is cooking, I threw the salad together. I just did a basic caesar salad with chopped romaine, chicken breast, and dressing.
HOW TO MAKE FAHEAD PIZZA CRUST WITHOUT A MICROWAVE
Add the mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour to a sauce pan on the stove over medium heat and cover with a lid. Let cook until the cheese is just melted. Remove from heat and stir until everything is combined. Pour into a bowl and let cool until you can knead it with your hands. Add the egg and knead until completely combined. Place on a piece of parchment paper and press into a round or oblong shape 1/4 inch thick.
My husband voted this a winner! In fact, he said it was his new favorite pizza. Score!
You could use leftover chicken thighs instead of breast. I love this chicken thigh recipe and I would use the leftovers to make this pizza!
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza with Fathead Pizza Crust
For the Crust
For the salad
- 1 large Chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Caesar dressing
- preheat oven to 400F
- Add the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until combined and not too hot to touch, then stir in the egg and knead until the egg is completely combined.
- Spread the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Press the dough out with your hands until it is 1/4 inch thick. Place the parchment and pizza crust in the oven and bake for 10 minute. Pop any bubbles that form in the crust while baking.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread with the olive oil and parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven
- While the crust is baking, toss the lettuce, chicken, and dressing to make the salad.
- To serve, pile the caesar salad on top of the fathead crust and slice.
- I like to use Newmans Own creamy Caesar. You could also make your own.
- Chop the lettuce and the chicken into small pieces so it is easier to eat on the pizza.
- To make this without a microwave: Add the mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond four to a sauce pan on the stove over medium heat and cover with a lid. Let cook until the cheese is just melted. Remove from heat and stir until everything is combined. Pour into a bowl and let cool until you can knead it with your hands. Add the egg and knead until completely combined. Place on a piece of parchment paper and press into a round or oblong shape 1/4 inch thick.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer