Keto Chicken Alfredo Sauce is a delicious one skillet dinner the whole family will love! Tender chicken covered in a creamy, Low Carb Alfredo sauce. Bring this Italian favorite back to your keto table tonight! This gluten free chicken alfredo Sauce is easy to make in only 1 skillet. Serve with zucchini noodles, zoodles, shiritaki noodles, broccoli or spaghetti squash.
My kids and husband consider this their favorite meal that I make. Anytime I ask what they want for dinner, it’s Alfredo sauce!
I serve theirs with noodles because they are not keto, but I serve mine with steamed broccoli, zoodles (zucchini noodles), shiritake noodles, or spaghetti squash.
I make this keto Alfredo sauce in one skillet because I love making one skillet meals. The trick is to cook the chicken in the skillet first, remove it from the pan, then make the sauce.
I seasoned the chicken generously so this chicken Alfredo would be extra flavorful.
Is Alfredo sauce keto?
So in general, Alfredo sauce is pretty low in carbs. The jar sauce usually has around 3 net carbs per ¼ cup. They usually have thickeners such as cornstarch or flour.
If you are in a time pinch they are a good option, but I would much rather make my own.
This Keto Alfredo sauce recipe is only 2 ingredients! Heavy cream and parmesan cheese is all you need.
The heavy cream and the parmesan thicken the sauce perfectly.
Can I use pre-shredded parmesan cheese?
This is the big debate (or so it seems) in keto cooking. I always use pre-shredded cheese in anything I make because I hate shredding cheese.
For this recipe, I use pre-shredded parmesan…not the powdered kind. That will not work. Pre-shredded parmesan will still result in a creamy sauce so don’t worry with shredding your own!
Can you reheat this sauce?
Pretty much any cream sauce you reheat in the microwave is going to break. That means the oil will separate from the cream and become an oily mess.
The best way to reheat a cream sauce is over a double boiler. This ensures slow heating so the sauce doesn’t break.
Keto Alfredo Sauce with Chicken - One Skillet!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 pounds Chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the avocado oil followed by the chicken. Season the chicken with all of the seasonings. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The chicken is ready when the temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the heavy whipping cream. Let your heavy cream cook for a few minutes until it starts to bubble. Stir in your parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat while whisking until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add your chicken back to your skillet. Stir chicken until is evenly coated with sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Best cheese to use: I use pre-shredded parmesan cheese...The powder kind will not work. You can also grate your own
- Reheating the sauce: The best way to reheat a cream sauce is over a double boiler. This ensures slow heating so the sauce doesn't break.
- Serve with zucchini noodles sauteed in a hot skillet with a little salt and pepper. Nutrition for ½ cup of chopped zucchini: 17 calories / 3g carbs / 1g fiber