Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with BBQ Sauce is a delicious, easy, low carb dinner without the grill. These bone-in thighs are the perfect slow cooker recipe that will have your whole family asking for seconds!
This is probably the easiest and tastiest crock pot chicken thighs recipe you will ever make. Only requiring a few simple spices, BBQ sauce, and chicken thighs!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS
First thing you need to do is mix all the spices in a small bowl. I use onion powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and cumin.
Next just take your thighs and place them in the crockpot. I use bone in chicken thighs and if you want, you can remove the skin. This is easy to do if you don’t want the skin.
Take all of your spice mixture and rub generously all over your thighs.
For your next step to this easy recipe, just pour 1 cup BBQ sauce on the thighs and spread with basting brush. I like to use sugar free but you can use any BBQ sauce you like.
Place the lid of the crockpot and let cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
This is the perfect recipe to put on in the morning before work or before a ball practice!
Now this step is optional, but you can put your thighs on a cookie sheet and place them into the oven under the broiler for the perfect caramelized flavor!
⭐ Did you make this Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Crock pot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Mix the salt and pepper along with the other spices in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in the crockpot and pour the spices over top.
- Pour 1 cup of bbq sauce on the thighs and spread with a basting brush.
- Place the lid of the crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the broiler of your oven.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Carefully place the chicken thighs on the foil in a single layer.
- Use a basting brush to spread the remaining bbq sauce on the chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs on the center rack in the oven.
- Broil until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize. Should take about 5 minutes. Serve!
- I like to make these with either the skin off or on the chicken thighs. This is definitely your preference. The chicken thighs skin is really easy to pull off.
- I like to use G Hughes Sugar free BBQ sauce but you can use whichever one is your favorite.
- The broiler instructions for this crock pot chicken thighs recipe is definitely optional if you are pressed for time.
- The maximum I ever cook chicken in the crock pot is 4 hours on low. Any longer and the chicken becomes dry.