They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start it off with chocolate! This super fluffy low carb pancake recipe is the perfect way to kick-start your day without all the sugar! Top with your favorite sugar free syrup and enjoy!
Who doesn't love pancakes? Especially chocolate chip pancakes! These are easy to make, not grainy, and while these are not keto friendly, they are low carb and my kids love them!
What makes low carb pancakes grainy?
This is usually because of the almond flour. Some almond flour brands are more grainy than others. My favorite almond flour is Blue Diamond Finely Sifted. It really makes a difference in the grainy texture.
How do I know when my pancakes are cooked all of the way through?
The best test I have found is to gently press the center of the pancake. If it springs back, it is cooked.
Can I freeze these low carb pancakes?
Yes! If you want to freeze a batch, simply lay the cooked and cooled pancakes on a sheet tray and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Pull them out and put them into your favorite freezer safe container. Return to the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto Vodka Sauce with Chicken
- Keto coconut Curry Chicken
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- Keto Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Keto PB&J Muffins
Checkout these other low carb friendly breakfast recipes:
- breakfast cookies
- peanut butter and jelly muffins
- low carb breakfast hash
- biscuits and gravy
- chocolate granola
I hope you enjoy this Low carb chocolate chip pancakes recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Fluffy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ Cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Sugar free Chocolate Chips (Click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- butter for griddle
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, salt, and baking powder. Stir in the eggs, half and half, and vanilla. Mix until the batter is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Butter the griddle and cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side. Top with your favorite sugar-free syrup and enjoy! Makes 8 pancakes.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Are the carbs you list per serving? For example the pancakes serving is 4, is that 15 carbs per pancake or for all 4?