One skillet is all you need for this Tex Mex chicken and veggies! Juicy chicken thighs packed with veggies and perfectly seasoned...this dinner with a kick is just what you need to spice things up in the kitchen and still keep on track!
Meal prep recipes like this with all the veggies are my absolute favorite! The keep me full for hours and they are so easy to make. As soon as I am finished cooking, I divide the recipe into meal prep containers and I am all set for lunch for 6 days!
Are chicken thighs or chicken breast better?
I personally love boneless skinless chicken thighs over chicken breast any day. They are juicy, so much more flavorful and they are not many more calories per serving! You really will not regret using the chicken thighs in your skillet meals from now on.
Is this recipe keto?
The recipe is packed with non-starchy veggies so it is 7 net carbs per serving. That personally fits into my keto macros but I totally understand if it doesn't fit into yours. Veggies are so filling so I am more than okay with allocating some a portion of my carbs to them!
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Keto Breakfast Strata
- Keto Shrimp and Bacon Chowder
- Keto strawberry cookie bars
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- The Best Keto Meatloaf
- Keto Hot Fudge Sauce
- Keto Chicken Marsala
Checkout these other Keto friendly meal prep recipes:
- Crab Stuffed Salmon
- Greek Chicken with Tzatziki
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Ground Beef and Zucchini Skillet
I hope you enjoy this Tex-Mex Chicken and Veggies recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Tex-Mex Chicken and Veggies
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Pounds boneless skinless thighs- cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium Zucchini, diced
- 14 Ounce can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¼ Cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 ½ Cups Colby Jack Cheese, divided for serving
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. stir in the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Move the veggies to one side of your skillet and add in the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add your fire roasted tomatoes, zucchini, cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Serve topped with cheese. Makes 6 servings
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.