This easy one pan dinner of creamy lemon chicken thighs is baked in the oven after we get the thighs nice and crispy in the skillet. The creamy lemon sauce with spinach is amazing!
I love making these easy one skillet meals. This Creamy Lemon Chicken Thighs Recipe combines the juiciest chicken thighs with an amazing creamy lemon butter sauce. The sauce also has spinach for a greens boost!
I love to cook with chicken thighs because they are economical, and they are the most delicious part of the chicken.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS
This recipe starts off by seasoning our chicken thighs with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Smoked paprika is one of my favorite seasonings so you will find it in several of my recipes. You can find it in most major grocery stores.
Now we heat avocado oil in the largest skillet you own. If you do not have a large enough skillet for 6 chicken thighs, you can cook them in batches then transfer everything to a casserole dish before baking in the oven.
Sear both sides of the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Once they are nice and golden brown, remove the chicken thighs from the skillet onto a plate and set aside. Drain the excess fat from the skillet as well.
Now we can make our sauce for the creamy lemon chicken thighs!
This sauce is like a flavor punch to your mouth. It is so delicious!
Reduce the heat to medium low and melt the butter in the pan. Add in the garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan. Stir for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Now add in the lemon juice, thyme, and chicken broth. Whisk to combine all of these ingredients and let simmer for a few minutes.
Now we stir in the frozen chopped spinach.
Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet and bake in the oven until an internal meat thermometer reads 165F…about 20 minutes.
When you remove from the oven, you will see this deliciousness…
And when you cut into one of the chicken thighs, you will be greeted with the most amazing juicy chicken
⭐ Did you make this Creamy Lemon Chicken Thighs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Creamy Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand)
- 6 Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Frozen chopped spinach
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Season skin side of the chicken thighs with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place each chicken thigh in the skillet skin side down. Season the other side of the chicken with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Sear both sides of the chicken thighs, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate and set aside. Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add the butter. Add in the minced garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan. Stir until the cheeses are almost melted and add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes to let reduce a bit. Stir in the spinach and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check for a temperature of 165F. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Serve chicken thighs with spoonfuls of sauce.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you do not have a large enough skillet for 6 chicken thighs, you can cook them in batches then transfer everything to a casserole dish before baking in the oven.