Keto Chicken Enchiladas Skillet
This keto chicken enchiladas skillet is a low carb 30 minute meal that is loaded with juicy chicken, enchilada sauce, tortilla strips, and lots of cheese! No need to roll tortillas to get all of the flavor of enchiladas!8 Net Carbs
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 4 low carb fajita tortillas cut into 1.5 inch strips
- 3 Cups cooked and shredded chicken (white and dark meat)
- 1 15 oz jar red enchilada sauce
- 2 Cups shredded Mexican cheese, such as Monterey Jack and cheddar blend
In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the tortilla strips and sauté until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
Add the already cooked chicken to the skillet and the enchilada sauce. Let heat through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to let the cheese melt. Add the crispy tortilla strips and gently stir to combine.
Serve with cilantro, avocado, or sour cream.
- If you don't have a rotisserie chicken, you could use 3 chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and cook in a skillet with avocado oil until cooked through. Then shred.
- Pre-shredded or cheese you shred yourself are both perfectly fine for this recipe.
- If you want to add veggies like diced zucchini, diced onion, or red bell pepper, add them to the skillet with another tablespoon of oil after you cook the tortillas. Let them sauté until soft, then add the chicken and enchilada sauce.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 8.7g