My favorite low carb dinners are the ones that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less. That’s why I am bringing to you this Low Carb Enchiladas Skillet with Chicken today! I love low carb 30 minute meals!
If your family is anything like mine, they love already cooked rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. It seems like every grocery store chain has a display of those yummy roast chickens in different flavors.
I like to pick one up every once in a while for a quick dinner.
Not only are they perfect to eat alone with a low carb side, but they are amazing when they are de-boned and used in soups or easy recipes like this low carb enchiladas skillet!
Low carb tortillas are a pantry staple in my house. I use the fajita size flour tortillas that are 3 net carbs each. I used 4 for this recipe and cut them into about 1.5 inch pieces.
I then sautéed the tortillas in some avocado oil until they were nice and crispy. I know we are just going to get them soggy in the sauce, but getting them brown really gives them a nice flavor!
I removed them from the pan and added the rotisserie chicken that I de-boned and cut into bite size pieces. I then poured the amazing enchilada sauce over top.
I love to use Whole Foods 365 enchilada sauce because it is a 15 oz jar and it doesn’t have any sugar. Another one of my favorite recipes that uses this yummy sauce is my Low Carb Tamale Pie!
Isn’t that a beautiful sight.
I decided to keep this recipe pretty simple. I was planning on adding some diced zucchini and red bell pepper to this low carb 30 minute meal but my kids (and husband) would pick at it and ain’t nobody got time for that!
You could definitely add some veggies, though. I think that would be delicious!
After I added the enchilada sauce, I added the glorious cheese. I used a pre-shredded Mexican blend or you could use a mix of cheddar and Monterey jack. All Monterey jack would be amazing as well.
After the cheese melted I added the tortilla strips and stirred them in.
Some delicious side dish ideas for this low carb enchiladas skillet would be a simple salad, cauliflower rice, guacamole, or salsa!
This low carb enchiladas skillet is a low carb 30 minute meal that is loaded with juicy chicken, enchilada sauce, tortilla strips, and lots of cheese!
- 4 low carb fajita tortillas cut into 1.5 inch strips
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (white and dark meat)
- 1 15 oz jar red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, such as Monterey Jack and cheddar blend
- 2 tbsp oil (I use avocado oil)
In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the tortilla strips and sauté until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan onto a plate.
Add the already cooked chicken to the skillet and the enchilada sauce. Let heat through about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to let the cheese melt. Add the crispy tortilla strips and gently stir to combine.
Serve with cilantro, avocado, or sour cream.
For 1/6th of recipe: 360 cal / 19g fat / 16.4g carbs / 8.7g fiber / 27g protein
- If you don't have a rotisserie chicken, you could use 3 chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and cook in a skillet with avocado oil until cooked through. Then shred.
- Pre-shredded or cheese you shred yourself are both perfectly fine for this recipe.
- If you want to add veggies like diced zucchini, diced onion, or red bell pepper, add them to the skillet with another tablespoon of oil after you cook the tortillas. Let them sauté until soft, then add the chicken and enchilada sauce.
⭐ Did you make this Low Carb Enchiladas Skillet recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!