Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Salad
Skip the traditional broccoli salad that's packed with sugar! Bacon Cheddar Cold Broccoli Salad with crispy bacon, cheese, topped with a keto friendly dressing and sunflower seeds, will be the go-to side dish recipe for all your family events! Only 4 net carbs but it is hard to believe because this cold broccoli salad with bacon is so delicious!4 Net Carbs for 1/8th of the recipe
- 1/2 pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced thin
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seed hearts
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Blanche the Broccoli
Fill a large pot half full with salted water and bring to boil. You want the water to taste salty.
Have a large bowl half full of cold water standing by.
Cook the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute.
Then, immediately remove the broccoli from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and put in the cold water to stop the cooking.
Now remove the broccoli from the cold water to drain on paper towels.
Assemble the Cold Broccoli Salad
In a large mixing bowl, combine the blanched broccoli, bacon, red onion, cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar.
Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve
- I cook my bacon on a sheet pan in the oven at 375F until crisp and then cutting it into bite size pieces. You could also cut the bacon into pieces and cook in a skillet until crisp.
- If you want to lighten this up, you could try using greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g