Slow Cooker Balsamic London Broil
Crockpot London Broil is a melt-in-your-mouth roast, seared to tasty perfection...cooked in a savory balsamic marinade all in the convenience of your slow cooker. Perfect weekday meal with it's easy prep time and it's "set it and forget it" simplicity! Create a seemingly effortless dish with mouthwatering, fall apart results! Pair with mashed potatoes or cauliflower to make this a hearty recipe everyone can enjoy!
- 3 Pound London Broil Roast
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup Beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar use sugar free for keto
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Searing the London Broil:
Using the sear function on your slow cooker or a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Heat the slow cooker or the skillet and add in the butter and avocado oil.
Sear the London Broil for a few minutes on each side, or until each side is browned.
With the roast in the slow cooker, add in the onion and the garlic.
For the Balsamic Mixture:
In a small bowl, mix together the beef broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Pour the mixture over the roast.
Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
When finished, shred with two forks and serve with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
- Use the remaining liquid left in the slow cooker to make a gravy. You can whisk in 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum for keto and bring the liquid to a boil or make a slurry with 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/4 cup of water whisked together and added to the gravy, then brought to a boil to thicken.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sugar: 2g