Crockpot London Broil is a melt-in-your-mouth roast, seared to tasty perfection…cooked in a savory balsamic marinade all in the convenience of your slow cooker. Perfect weekday meal with it’s easy prep time and it’s “set it and forget it” simplicity! Create a seemingly effortless dish with mouthwatering, fall apart results! Pair with mashed potatoes or cauliflower to make this a hearty recipe everyone can enjoy!
London Broils are a leaner cut of beef, which makes it hard to keep tender. This makes it a perfect choice for your slow cooker… to keep it nice and tender in savory juices while it cooks! Seared to lock in the flavor and slow cooked to perfection! This slow cooker London Broil recipe is great for those busy weekdays! Super easy prep time and set it and come home to a hearty meal for the whole family. Who doesn’t love that? This is going to be so delicious!
Let’s get started!
HOW TO COOK LONDON BROIL IN A SLOW COOKER
Let’s first start by seasoning both side of the London broil generously with salt and pepper.
Sear the London Broil:
If you have a slow cooker that has a sear function, go ahead and pre-heat that. If you do not have a slow cooker with a sear function, you can use a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Now we can add in the butter and avocado oil and sear the London Broil on both sides for a few minutes to get a brown crust.
Now, with the roast in your slow cooker, add in the onion and the garlic. I love to use frozen diced onion for even easier prep time.
In a small bowl, mix together the beef broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire.
Pour this mixture over the roast.
Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
When finished, shred with two forks and serve with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
This crockpot London boil is a perfect make-ahead meal that will please the whole family!
⭐ Did you make this Slow Cooker Balsamic London Broil Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Slow Cooker Balsamic London Broil
- 3 pound London Broil Roast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar use sugar free for keto
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Season both sides of the London broil generously with salt and pepper.
Searing the London Broil:
- Using the sear function on your slow cooker or a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Heat the slow cooker or the skillet and add in the butter and avocado oil.
- Sear the London Broil for a few minutes on each side, or until each side is browned.
- With the roast in the slow cooker, add in the onion and the garlic.
For the Balsamic Mixture:
- In a small bowl, mix together the beef broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- When finished, shred with two forks and serve with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
- Use the remaining liquid left in the slow cooker to make a gravy. You can whisk in 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum for keto and bring the liquid to a boil.