Low Carb Caprese Panini Sandwich
This low carb caprese painini sandwich uses 90 second bread with thick slices of mozzarella cheese and a marinated tomato salad.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- 1 recipe 90 second bread cut in half
- 2-4 Thick slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 recipe Marinated tomato salad (recipe follows)
- 1 tbsp softened butter
For the tomato salad, combine all ingredients into a small bowl and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Spread half a tbsp of softened butter on to half of the bread and place the bread butter side down on a panini press.
Place the slices of mozzarella on top of the bread, then add a few spoon full of the tomato salad. Butter the other half of the bread and place it butter side up on top of the mozzarella and tomatoes.
Press the sandwich down with the panini press and let cook according to the panini press directions.
- If you do not own a panini press, you could just cook it on the stovetop like you would do a grilled cheese sandwich. I really like the texture the panini press yields, though.
- Instead of a large tomato, you could use a handful of cherry tomatoes. You could also use roma tomatoes.
- 90 second bread recipe