As I said in my post for 90 second bread, I had kind of broken up with sandwiches. You know, I just kinda gave up on bread all together because carbs, duh.
But this sandwich, this sandwich has brought me back to memories of sandwich admiration. And gooey cheese. But I have never broken up with gooey cheese. Never ever ever.
This Low Carb Panini Sandwich is full of thick slices of mozzarella and a yummy marinated tomato salad. I used my 90 second bread recipe that is so simple, you will not believe it!
So first we slap some butter on some 90 second bread and then slap it on a panini press. Then we slap some mozzarella on that baby. Then douce it with marinated tomatoes.
Just look at these marinated tomatoes. This is more than just something to slap in a sandwich. This is something I could eat on a shoe, thank you very much. All it takes is a chopped tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil. Let it sit as long as you can stand it.
Back to your regularly scheduled sandwich.
Add a lid and, of course, more butter.
Then we press it down and the cheese starts to ooze, and the bread gets all crispy and buttery, and this low carb panini just turned me back into a sandwich lover. The end.
- 1 recipe 90 second bread cut in half
- 2-4 Thick slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 recipe Marinated tomato salad (recipe follows)
- 1 tbsp softened butter
For the tomato salad, combine all ingredients into a small bowl and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Spread half a tbsp of softened butter on to half of the bread and place the bread butter side down on a panini press.
Place the slices of mozzarella on top of the bread, then add a few spoon full of the tomato salad. Butter the other half of the bread and place it butter side up on top of the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Press the sandwich down with the panini press and let cook according to the panini press directions.
- If you do not own a panini press, you could just cook it on the stovetop like you would do a grilled cheese sandwich. I really like the texture the panini press yields, though.
- Instead of a large tomato, you could use a handful of cherry tomatoes. You could also use roma tomatoes.
- 90 second bread recipe
⭐️ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!