Chicken or Beef Keto Taco Salad with Cheese Crisps!
This healthy and zesty keto taco salad is the "Taco Tuesday" that everyone can enjoy! This easy, low carb friendly, flavorful, recipe is layered with chicken or beef, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, cheese chips, and sour cream!
For assembling the salad
- 8 Cups Shredded lettuce
- ½ Cup Fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- ⅓ Cup Salsa
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Ounces Cheddar cheese crisps, crumbled
Combine the salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the seasoning evenly on both sides of each of the boneless chicken thighs.
Heat the avocado oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
Cook the chicken thighs for 4 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F.
Remove from heat to a cutting board and slice into strips.
To assemble the taco salads
Place lettuce, tomato, black olives, cheddar cheese and cilantro in a salad bowl.
Top with the slices of chicken, fresh salsa and the cheddar crisps. Enjoy!
- Using 85/15 beef - Make this recipe as written except use beef instead of chicken and leave out the oil. Crumble and cook the beef in a skillet over medium heat with the seasonings until cooked through.
- Cheddar Cheese Crisps: These can be found in most grocery stores in the produce department or with the salad toppings.
- Toppings: Try topping this keto taco salad with keto cheese sauce
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 31g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g