Simple seasoning and simple recipes will always be my favorite! I keep things super simple with this air fryer tilapia recipe! Crispy outside, still perfectly flakey and tender on the inside. Quick and easy delicious dinners, just make life simple!
I’ll be honest, tilapia has been off my radar for a while. It was all the rage about 20 years ago but I think it has since lost it’s sparkle. What I love most about tilapia is that it is so inexpensive and it is packed with protein.
How do you make tilapia in the air fryer?
I love cooking any protein in the air fryer because it is so easy and you’re not heating up the oven for just a few pieces of meat. My oven is now reserved for casseroles, cakes, and cookies!
This recipe is so very simple but I know people are looking for it!
I start with my thawed tilapia filets and I season one side generously with creole seasoning. You could use any favorite seasoning for fish, though!
I spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray and I lay the tilapia filets seasoning side down. I then season the other side.
4 filets fit perfectly in my air fryer basket and it is okay if there is some over lap.
I cook the tilapia filets on air fry setting for 20 minutes.
Keep in mind, my filets could be thicker or thinner than yours so the time may vary.
This tilapia filets cooked in the air fryer are flaky on the inside and so flavorful on the outside.
Checkout these other easy air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Tilapia
- 4 Tilapia filets
- Creole Seasoning
- cooking spray
- Spray the inside of your air fryer with cooking spray. Season one side of the tilapia generously with creole seasoning.
- Place the filets into your air fryer basket, season side down. Season the other side of your filets.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400F. Serve.
- I use frozen filets - just thaw them before cooking
- Keep in mind, my filets could be thicker or thinner than yours so the cooking time may vary.